• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol & Rifle IDPA March 9

Would you talk to whomever puts up the calendar and ask them to include these events? It's extremely frustrating to pack up to go shooting only to find there's a match going on, especially AFTER checking the website and finding nothing.

upload_2019-3-9_15-5-43.png

Would you talk to whomever puts up the calendar and ask them to include these events? It's extremely frustrating to pack up to go shooting only to find there's a match going on, especially AFTER checking the website and finding nothing.

View attachment 273445

This! Today was the 4th or 5th time this happened to me since joining the club. I live about 15 minutes away, so not a huge deal for me...but for others might be a WAY bigger inconvenience. Still wasted over an hour getting everything loaded into the truck and driving there and back...not exactly ideal when I haven't had a day off in 3 weeks. Guess i'll keep showing up at dusk after work when nobody else is usually there.

This! Today was the 4th or 5th time this happened to me since joining the club. I live about 15 minutes away, so not a huge deal for me...but for others might be a WAY bigger inconvenience. Still wasted over an hour getting everything loaded into the truck and driving there and back...not exactly ideal when I haven't had a day off in 3 weeks. Guess i'll keep showing up at dusk after work when nobody else is usually there.
I do see if you click on "Events" on the main page, today's IDPA match shows up. Maybe the main page only shows "Future" events, not including today. I'll try to check again tomorrow and see if the work party falls off the main page.

upload_2019-3-9_16-6-5.png

View attachment 273445
Damn that really stinks. For what it’s worth Worcester has these matches on the second Saturday of the month - weather dependent (in the winter anyway). They never deviate from that as long as I’ve been attending these matches since 2015. So avoid coming on the second Saturday and you’ll be good to go. Or come out and attend the match! Ton of fun! I drive an hour and 15 min each way from Gloucester to attend them. Well worth it.

Just one day per month that all the ranges are used for IDPA which I might add is a major financial contributor to the club

So I've looked some more into the issue of events not showing up. It looks like the main page only shows "Future" events, and will not list any events with starting date/time in the past. Unfortunately this also hides events that are in progress. I verified this Monday with the entry for the pistol team. It showed up earlier in the day, but did not show up when I checked at 6pm. It DOES show up on the events page, just not on the main page.

So click on "events" to see what's going on NOW.

Back
Top Bottom