Worcester IDPA June Match 6/9/2012

Worcester IDPA June Match 6/9/2012

Worcester Pistol and Rifle club would like to invite you to this event. Public is welcome to the monthly IDPA matches:

WPRC Members: $10.00
Non-Members:$15.00

Title: WPRC IDPA June Match Date: Saturday 6/9/2012
Registration 9:15-9:45am
Shooters Meeting: 10:00am
Notes: WPRC IDPA June Match

If you have any questions feel free to email: [email protected]

Please Note: The Indoor Range is now officially closed for the summer while it is being renovated. WPRC will be running five stages during construction and we appreciate everyone's patience during the construction phase.

See you there,

--Michael French

Folk’s construction on the club house has begun. Parking will be tight try to car pool. If you park on the street PLEASE PARK on the club’s side on the street. Don’t park in front of our neighbors.

Registration will be at the rifle range located at the bottom of the access road to the club.

An awesome day for a match today, great weather. Had a great time! Thank you to all the SOs and staff that made this happen.

Looked like a great day for IDPA!!! Hope you guys had a great shoot. I've never been to a Wocester match, got to get out there!!

I thought long guns were illegal as pick-up guns in IDPA?

From the rules Addendum (emphasis mine)

Appendix SIX - IDPA Organization
Additional language to F. Sanctioned Matches. page 63
Blind stages are not allowed for use in sanctioned matches.
The use of long guns in a sanctioned match is not allowed. This
does not mean that there is no place for a shotgun or rifle in
IDPA. Sides matches using a shotgun or rifle can be fun and an
additional source of income for a match. Inert (non-firing) long
guns may be used as stage props.

This was a club match, not a sanctioned match.

Thanks to the crew at WPRC for another good match. I'm not shooting as well as I'd like lately, but still have fun. [grin] My almost 9-year-old daughter had a great time too, though she doesn't quite have the attention span to last the whole match. At lunch I asked her if she would like to do this kind of shooting when she is a bit older, and she said "yes" with a huge smile.

I thought long guns were illegal as pick-up guns in IDPA?

hopefully the tiger team will address the issue of pick up guns... They do not belong in any sort of IDPA match/competition environment.. Yea I know test the shooters ability blah blah blah not the equipment....

Or maybe they will make it so we have to all put on suspenders then shoot the pickup gun!!!!

stage 3 looked hot! I hate missing these matches, since I started shooting IDPA stuff, Worcester IDPA matches have been my fav by far. Feel subhuman when I miss them (no babysitter+work)

Good match to the Worcester crew, thanks for putting it on. I now want to buy those sights for my 10/22! Of all the pick-up guns I've shot (not that many so far), the 10/22 was the most friendly for me to use, but maybe b/c I own one.

Nick B

Thanks for coming out everyone!

Yes... that's them...

That rifle also has some Volquartsen parts in it that I love (hammer, springs, firing pin and extractor). The hammer kit makes the trigger feel much nicer and the extractor really helps with reliability.

hopefully the tiger team will address the issue of pick up guns... They do not belong in any sort of IDPA match/competition environment.. Yea I know test the shooters ability blah blah blah not the equipment....

Or maybe they will make it so we have to all put on suspenders then shoot the pickup gun!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. Most people spend considrrable time and money practicing with the gun they have and there is nothing like having a match decided by a gun you have never handled before. Yet others have plenty of experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom