Woodsman Rifle and Pistol (Athol MA) 2010 Pin Shoot Schedule

Pin Shoots are held on the 4th Sunday of the month, weather permitting. Registration begins at 9:30AM. Competition starts at 10AM and usually ends between 1 and 2PM.

Schedule:

• June 27, 2010
• July 25, 2010
• August 22, 2010
• September 26, 2010
• October 24, 2010

Course of fire: Each relay is made up of 8 shooters. The relay begins with four heats of 2 shooters each. In each heat, the shooter who clears the table of 4 pins first wins that heat and goes on to compete against another successful shooter in that relay. The shooter who wins all 3 heats wins the relay.

Shooters new to the sport are welcome! Come by and have some fun. Pins are shot at a distance of 25 feet. Bring your own center fire semi-auto pistols or revolvers, ammunition, magazines and speed loaders (.40S&W/.357 magnum or better recommended.) Also bring ear and eye protection. Relay winners are given extra pins (up to 6 pins total) to level competition. You may shoot for the entire day, but it is not required. There is a $3 charge per relay.

Directions: Woodsman Rifle & Pistol Club is conveniently located just off Route 2 at Exit 17. Take Petersham Road (Rt 32) South and take a right onto Woodlawn Road. Woodlawn intersects Doe Valley Road, so bear right. The club is at 390 Doe Valley Road, Athol MA 01331

On a side note:
In the two years I have run the website for this club not one member of the board of directors or any club member has ever contacted me to post anything to either promote the club or announce events at the club. I have notifed the club via the USPS that as of July first I will either take the website down and release any claim to the domain "www.woodsmanrifleandpistol.com or transfer ownership of the website to any clubmember interested in taking it over.

I don't have anything against them, I just cannot support two club memberships.

If there is anyone interested in taking the responsibility of running the website contact me via the "Contact us" page on the website.

Please do not use this thread or PM to respond.

Thank you.

I've shot a few of the New Hampshire pin matches. Does this club get many shooters? I was thinking of driving down there this summer for a look.

The matches I attended there had around a dozen shooters or so. Posting here will hopefully bring that number up, so feel free to come down.

Back
Top Bottom