WIN-13

5f18

NES Member
I have a question on the Winchester garands. Are all the app. 40,000 winchester made in 1945 with ser#1601150-1640xxx considered win-13? or are only some win-13??

I bought a winchester with ser # 1620xxx I don't have it in my hands yet, will
this/could this be a win-13???

Falls in the serial number range, so 99% sure it is. definite sign is side of the receiver will have the drawing number followed by win-13. those serial numbers would be 1601000 through 1640000.

won it on gunbroker. shooting from the him on this one! this will be the longest week of my life!!!!!

From what I gather, either I made a score on a win-13 or I got screwed on a reweld.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention rewelds. DEF check drawing number, if has a SA/hra/IHC or even PB drawing number id try t get cash back. One guy i met at the range was gloating over his win 13 he just dished out 2 grand for, till I pointed out he had an IHC front half receiver with a winchester rear. As I looked at it I saw slight signs of a reweld (very tough to see, and op rod channel gave it away), and before I said anything to burst his bubble, I asked if he could take the receiver out so could see the drawing #. he proudly did. He almost decked me for trying to point out he got screwed (said IHC for crying out loud!), and wouldnt accept the fact I was right *shrugs* any pics of it from online?

It is a Win 13. I was going to bid on it until I saw you were winning with an hour to go!

Don

It is a Win 13. I was going to bid on it until I saw you were winning with an hour to go!

Don

thank you, I didn't know it was till after I won. I talked to them yesterday and they told me I could return it if I wasn't completle happy. i didn't want to mention the win-13 till I have it in my hands.

Field strip it when you get it and I expect you will see WIN - 13 on the receiver leg.

Please let me know.

Don

Field strip it when you get it and I expect you will see WIN - 13 on the receiver leg.

Please let me know.

Don
if it reads win-13 I will post pictures. if not i will be busy cleaning the house :(.....lol

Back
Top Bottom