• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Willimantic CT officer shot

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
So this afternoon all hell broke loose in downtown willimantic. Apparently a "white guy around age 40 wearing body armor and sporting a rifle" got into it with the police, managing to wound one, and was on the run for awhile. All this happened about 5 miles (exaggerating because i dont want to admit i live so close to willimantic) through the woods to my place. There are hundreds of state cops and armored CSP trucks everywhere. So i am currently in my basement with my head buried under my snuggie waiting for the police to come search my house (and boat) for the shooter without a warrant to tell me its safe to go outside. #willimanticstrong #wewillneverforget

...sorry

WILLIMANTIC, Conn. (WTNH) -- State police sources say a body has been found that may be linked to an incident where a police officer was shot. One person is in custody in connection with the case.

Sources say the police officer suffered non-life threatening injuries in the shooting, which occurred a little before noon.

A weapon was also reportedly recovered after a chase near Route 32 / Windham Road that ended near Plains Road.

The initial reports indicated there was a standoff with a person on Tunxis Lane.

There is no other information available in regards to the discovery of the body.

The name of the wounded officer has not been released.

A funny observation though, facebook and text messaging/calling friends was the only way to find out what was going on, you would think that since we cant have a mild thunderstorm without your stupid phone blowing up with mandatory emergency alerts warning you about potential flash flooding, that maybe you would get an alert when a guy with a rifle is on the run in your backyard??? i guess not, no alerts, nothing on the radio, no news stories, just random people talking about it on Facebook. Unreal. Glad we pay for their mandatory emergency alerts... Pray for the children.

Back
Top Bottom