Why you should always check...

This brings back some memories. Well, not in a bad way...but just from something that might have happened.

We were shooting...and my brother-in-law was shooting one of my Para's. Well, we didn't hear one round go off, he pulled the slide, and the next round wouldn't go forward. I yelled for him to stop...

We looked, and head of the previous round was stuck in the barrel. Had the next round went forward, who knows what would have happened....I do know it wouldn't have been good.

Anyway, here's a video of a lot of guys not paying attention. It's easy to see that they weren't checking the brass that they were ejecting.

If they had seen that the rounds that were extracted were missing the actual bullet, this might have been avoided. But they were just going to fast.

Gun goes BOOM!

yeah its called a "squib load."

Its where the round discharges but due to corrosion, light load etc. there is not enough "oommph" to blow the round out of the barrel so it gets stuck and can be very dangerous.

We have to always keep our eyes peeled when we are qualing our guys to make sure that does not happen too.

Back
Top Bottom