Why Not Renew the “Assault Weapons” Ban? Well, I’ll Tell You…

HuffPo chronicles the 100 plus deaths since Sandy Hook, with the implication that guns should somehow be taken away from Americans.

Here are the deaths, I chronicled, today, when governments did take guns away from citizens:

1911 – The Turkish government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1915 – 1917 the governmnet murdered 1.5 million Armenians.

1929 – The Russian government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1929 – 1953 they murdered 20 million Russians.

1935 – The Chinese government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1948 – 1952 they murdered 20 million Chinese.

1938 – The German government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1939 – 1945 they murdered 6 million Jews.

1956 – The Cambodian government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1975 – 1977 they murdered 1 million Educated people.

1964 – The Guatemalan government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1964 – 1981 they murdered 100,000 Mayan Indians.

1970 – The Ugandan government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1971 – 1979 they murdered 300,000 Christians

HuffPo chronicled deaths: aprox. 100

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/12/epj-versus-huffington-post.html

EPJ chronicled deaths when governments took away guns from citizens: 48.9 million.

Last edited:
20 million "Russians" (more like Soviet citizens) is a pretty low count.

In Ukraine alone, something like 8 million dead due to Holodomor, just taking grain by force and starving people ...

HuffPo chronicles the 100 plus deaths since Sandy Hook, with the implication that guns should somehow be taken away from Americans.

Here are the deaths, I chronicled, today, when governments did take guns away from citizens:

1911 – The Turkish government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1915 – 1917 the governmnet murdered 1.5 million Armenians.

1929 – The Russian government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1929 – 1953 they murdered 20 million Russians.

1935 – The Chinese government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1948 – 1952 they murdered 20 million Chinese.

1938 – The German government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1939 – 1945 they murdered 6 million Jews.

1956 – The Cambodian government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1975 – 1977 they murdered 1 million Educated people.

1964 – The Guatemalan government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1964 – 1981 they murdered 100,000 Mayan Indians.

1970 – The Ugandan government disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1971 – 1979 they murdered 300,000 Christians

HuffPo chronicled deaths: aprox. 100

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/12/epj-versus-huffington-post.html

EPJ chronicled deaths when governments took away guns from citizens: 48.9 million.

Last edited:
The article states one thing I have been saying all along.

Mass shootings are a tiny, tiny problem. Which isn’t to say that they aren’t utterly horrifying in more than one way. People’s lives are destroyed, both literally and figuratively. What I mean to say is that if we were to prioritize our political attention to topics according to how many lives were at stake, mass shootings wouldn’t even be on the radar.

The article states one thing I have been saying all along.

That may be true. But IMHO, that's not good enough. The status quo is in fact dangerous and I don't want to see anybody else's daughter or son to be another "statistical anomaly." We can do better. Namely by ridding ourselves of the totally misnamed GFZs, blunting the power of the medical-industrial complex and repealing a shit ton of another, unconstitutional, immoral gun laws that forbid peaceable, responsible people from protecting themselves.

That may be true. But IMHO, that's not good enough. The status quo is in fact dangerous and I don't want to see anybody else's daughter or son to be another "statistical anomaly." We can do better. Namely by ridding ourselves of the totally misnamed GFZs, blunting the power of the medical-industrial complex and repealing a shit ton of another, unconstitutional, immoral gun laws that forbid peaceable, responsible people from protecting themselves.

I agree we need to get rid of GFZ too. I wasn't trying to say we should do nothing and keep the status quo. I think the only sensible thing would be to eliminate GFZ. We don't need more legislation to restrict the 2A. And yes, we should repeal a lot of the BS laws that are in place no.

Dont forget in this country we also disarmed and systematically genocided millions of native americans. I bet if Japanese Americans had been armed we may not have had a vile internment

What makes me sick is that Americans truly think it could never happen here. Yeah there are militia- any American citizen is militia and the drums of tyranny are growing louder. Will they answer the beat with defiance or will they use their human right to resist? Time will tell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom