Why I don't shoot other people's reloads...

I received 500 rds if 40 cal reloads as a trade, they are factory remanufactured but after reading this post I’m second guessing using them although my buddy swears by them.

I received 500 rds if 40 cal reloads as a trade, they are factory remanufactured but after reading this post I’m second guessing using them although my buddy swears by them.

Brand? My buddy used to shoot Ultramax 45ACP. The only issue he had was it was incredibly dirty.

I would shoot them. Big difference between factory remans and Jim bob loading on a Lee Pro 1000 while drinking coors light

My friend just gave me a some 145gr 9mm that was loaded based on 124 powder data. He didn't want to put them thru his pistol, but they run great in my MP5 clone.

I would shoot them. Big difference between factory remans and Jim bob loading on a Lee Pro 1000 while drinking coors light

My friend just gave me a some 145gr 9mm that was loaded based on 124 powder data. He didn't want to put them thru his pistol, but they run great in my MP5 clone.

He doesn't have a bullet puller? ;)

I've reloaded thousands of rounds and have had two squibs that I can remember. They were both loaded on the single stage RCBS and my wife had come into my gun room asking all sorts of questions and distracted me. I'm not blaming her in the least, as it's my responsibility to make safe ammo. But new rule in the house is when I'm reloading, don't bother me with anything outside an emergency.

It happens with factory new ammo too.

This...I had a squib last year using factory Winchester White box 45ACP loads. I've never had one using my 45ACP reloads and I've shot tens of thousands of my reloads. Would I shoot someone else's reloads? Nope, never.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom