why can't I post in the classified ads?

I am a paying member and I have posted some ads before. I logged in just now to see that I cannot post in the classifieds.
Whats the deal? I am starting to get more furious with this forum and those who run it. First you close one of my threads without a reason and when I emailed whoever runs this site to ask why my thread was closed, I received no response. Now I cannot post in the classifieds and again, no reason was given.

Very poor communication and standards from those who run this forum. Get it together or let someone else run this place.

It is always better to shoot a mail when ya got a problem or complaint, starting a thread just ain't the way to go about things ~ IMHO

Tim ~ [wink]

It is always better to shoot a mail when ya got a problem or complaint, starting a thread just ain't the way to go about things ~ IMHO

Tim ~ [wink]

I did send an email, like I just stated. I got no reply, this was last month.
This thread is called "tech support." if I cannot get an answer from a mod or admin here, then I guess they don't exist or do their job.

Not sure about your situation but tonight I seem to be randomly logged off as I browse. I typed a fairly long response to a post and was told that I was not authorized to post as I had logged out. Based on your OP, I think that major apologies are in order. Blame it on a bad ice cube. This place is well run and an invaluable source of information.
White Feather

Threads are not closed without a reason. Violating forum rules is one reason. The moderators/deity of the board don't need to point out [exactly] why the thread was closed. Sometimes they do post in the thread the reason, but it's not required.

I've not had any issues posting, and such, except when the board had MAJOR issues (that were corrected), or when a major upgrade was in progress. Check your browser settings and such. I run the latest version of Firefox without issue...

Oh, and IBTL... [rofl2]

I did send an email, like I just stated. I got no reply, this was last month.
This thread is called "tech support." if I cannot get an answer from a mod or admin here, then I guess they don't exist or do their job.

Send one right to Derek

Tim ~ [grin]

You can not post in a "For Sale Add' to try and keep the thread on topic...

To many For Sale Threads were being thrown way off topic...

So if you read the instructions it says to PM the person that you want to contact...

I only found this out by reading the rules and I also posted a "why can't I post" question in this "tech support" area.

Hope that helps

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/tech-support/199320-cant-respond-classified-adds.html

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/tech-support/180173-can-not-reply-classified-post.html

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/tech-support/153075-cant-reply-threads-classified-section.html.

There's just a few of them, ya it sucks a little, but it keeps the threads clean...

Last edited:
Are you trying to respond to an ad? You can only respond to an ad via using the person's PM/Email link. Ads are controlled posting to only the person who created the ad and moderators. The problem was that people were bumping other peoples ads too often and creating a huge mess (as well as crapflooding and shitting in peoples ads due to price whining, etc.) so posting was intentionally restricted.

As far as a closed/deleted thread goes I may have nuked your thread if it was one of those "Can I carry in "some huge location that might have security" type deals. We usually don't discuss those for obvious reasons. Scope it out yourself and play by big boy rules. Sometimes threads also get nuked because they've gone off the rails to such a degree that the content even laying around for longer than it has to is a bad idea.

-Mike

I don't know who you sent messages to but I have always gotten responses, help, and explanations in a timely manner whenever requested. I have usually gone directly to Derek, who as I said, has been terrific about helping.

Very poor communication and standards from those who run this forum. Get it together or let someone else run this place.

Dude, I just checked your OP and saw you just joined this forum a few months ago and you make a statement like this? Perhaps you should volunteer YOUR time to take on the headaches these guys do for NO pay. You are, of course, as entitled to your opinions as anyone else here but to call out management in such a manner is a bit bold IMO.

Last edited:
I am a paying member and I have posted some ads before. I logged in just now to see that I cannot post in the classifieds.
Whats the deal? I am starting to get more furious with this forum and those who run it. First you close one of my threads without a reason and when I emailed whoever runs this site to ask why my thread was closed, I received no response. Now I cannot post in the classifieds and again, no reason was given.

So the only reason you are on this forum is to sell something?

Nice reason. Thanks for supporting the forum.

You can obviously use this forum however you see fit. A lot of us here though like contributing in more ways then just buying & selling stuff.

One of the lamest rants ever posted on NES. Well done.

Want some cheese with that?

Try Brian Enos' forums. I've read the posting rules and follow them, but have had a hand full of posts deleted with some generic comment about rules that I can't even understand. I think Brian or his people change the rules every few hours.... or they have some God complex.

This place is good in my experience.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

I don't know who you sent messages to but I have always gotten responses, help, and explanations in a timely manner whenever requested. I have usually gone directly to Derek, who as I said, has been terrific about helping.

Dude, I just checked your OP and saw you just joined this forum a few months ago and you make a statement like this? Perhaps you should volunteer YOUR time to take on the headaches these guys do for NO pay. You are, of course, as entitled to your opinions as anyone else here but to call out management in such a manner is a bit bold IMO.

I emailed through the "contact us" link. Does it matter how long I have been a member? I am a paying member and regardless of if I've been here a week or 5 years, I've been on my share of good and bad forums. I don't know and didn't know who Derek is, but I will contact him and see whats what. Boldness gets the job done, I am straight forward and don't pussyfoot around. I would have no problem helping the admins and what not, and yea, my OP was a little bit obnoxious. To me, it is justified seeing as I made contact via the provided/standard "contact us" link about a month ago with no response. Debt collectors will call me back within a minute just so I can hang up on them again.

"IBTL"? What did I say that would justify that? Nothing. I though you all understood the Constitution, read the first amendment.

(trolling, get over it[smile])

You can not post in a "For Sale Add' to try and keep the thread on topic...

To many For Sale Threads were being thrown way off topic...

So if you read the instructions it says to PM the person that you want to contact...

I only found this out by reading the rules and I also posted a "why can't I post" question in this "tech support" area.

Hope that helps

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/tech-support/199320-cant-respond-classified-adds.html

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/tech-support/180173-can-not-reply-classified-post.html

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...75-cant-reply-threads-classified-section.html.

There's just a few of them, ya it sucks a little, but it keeps the threads clean...

I've only posted 3 or so ads and only one ever got a reply.
It says I can post replies and do everything else except post a new thread in the classifieds.

I guess no site moderators or admins get paid enough to answer my question and tell me what caused the issue I am referring to. Seriously, if the only way to get an answer is hit up Derek, why even have admins other than Derek? I first posted here 3 or so days ago, whats the deal? I would call my issue a technical site issue hence why I posted here. who is responsible for this site and any glitches or stuff like this? If 500 members posted here about their profiles were messed up, would anyone who can do anything reply?

I am trying to resolve a problem and all this created was another problem.

Site went down this afternoon for a couple of hours. Explained best in the "downtime" thread. {http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/tech-support/214149-downtime.html} I would PM the OP of http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/tech-support/214149-downtime.html with your question.
Not for nothing, it is Independence Day Weekend. Most people are having BBQs and hanging out with their families. I do not think it unreasonable that you do not get an immediate response, especially this weekend. Give these guys a break, I pay $200/month for Comcast. Their service is terrible and they are gun bigots to boot. My $21/year or whatever does not entitle me to 24 hour access to Derek's personal phone for tech support.

Last edited:

They said they don't like your attitude...

You haven't provided enough information to resolve your problem.

In what sub-forum are you trying to post?

What are you clicking on to try to post?

How does the website respond when you try to post?

Exact answers are required.

BTW, this is not a government run board, nor is it sponsored in any way. The first amendment doesn't apply here.
Congress shall make no law...

I guess no site moderators or admins get paid enough to answer my question and tell me what caused the issue I am referring to. Seriously, if the only way to get an answer is hit up Derek, why even have admins other than Derek? I first posted here 3 or so days ago, whats the deal? I would call my issue a technical site issue hence why I posted here. who is responsible for this site and any glitches or stuff like this? If 500 members posted here about their profiles were messed up, would anyone who can do anything reply?

I am trying to resolve a problem and all this created was another problem.

For the record, Derek and I are the only administrators, and I generally only handle server issues. There are a number of moderators and one of them replied to your post earlier on the first page, and you seem to have ignored that.

You cannot post replies in the classifieds, no one can. I was just able to post a test post in the classifieds area with your account, so I'm not quite sure what your problem is at this point. The forum states that you can post replies because you are allowed to reply to your own posts for adding additional information.

Can you please explain *exactly* where you are trying to post, and what error it is giving you?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom