• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who ya gonna call?

Chuck

NES Member
I've got a hankering for an SKS with a telescoping stock. A nice sweet shooter of low cost ammo that both 6'2" me and the 5'2" wife can shoot comfortably.

We've got a few threads here guessing about the legality of equipping a FIXED 10 shot magazine fed semi-auto with such an "evil feature"; a US made stock no less so I would increase the number of US parts. But, no facts that I could dig up. Can one of our resident legal beagles chime in?

If I wanted to call and write someone or some office to get a ruling, who would it be? Mind you I've read the posts saying no one will give a straight answer; so I don't want more of those kinds of replies. I want to try. Maybe I'll find someone who'll talk. Failing that, I'll have the receipt of a registered letter with the question if there is ever a stink about it.

thanks,
Chuck

Last edited:
Not my area of expertise, but I believe you are dealing with a potential combination of Fed Law 922r and MA AWB.

For Fed Law questions, a letter with all the details to the Chief, Tech Branch, BATFE is where you will get a definitive answer.

For MA AWB questions, there is NO authoritative source of info "you an take to the bank" here at all. CHSB staff are nice people but aren't gun people and aren't engineers/techies. Each DA in the state "makes the call" to prosecute or not.

Back
Top Bottom