Where would you find this Winchester 1894 model?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Winchester_rifle_grko474_rifle.jpg

This is the photo in the Wikipedia article on the Winchester 1894 rifle. It looks different than most of the 1894 rifles I have seen. The stock has a kind of pistol grip. Does anyone know if there is a special name for this model of stock/rifle? Are there any modern production models of it?

This one is simply the rifle, not the carbine that you are used to seeing.
USRA (Winchester) shut down a couple of years ago.
I have heard rumors that some Model 94s are going to be made by FNUSA.
They will be very expensive.
Winchester produced a little more than 7,000,000 Model 1894s so you stand a good chance of finding a 24", full mag, pistol grip variation.
You will, of course, be fighting with the well-heeled collectors for one in nice condition. The rifle in the picture would probably fetch in excess of $2500.
Many of the commemoratives were made with the longer barrel and are probably the place to start looking. The collectors are not very interested in those that have been fired or are missing the original box and paperwork.
If you have time to check on GB, AA, and GA for a couple of weeks, you will probably get a pretty good picture of the Winchester market.
Of all of the Winchester commemoratives, the NRA rifle (not the musket), is probably the prettiest one ever offered. They made a s*load of them and they didn't attract much interest from the collectors so they still turn up reasonably priced, once in a while.

Jack

A local gunshop has the rifle with a half magazine. Looks just like a model 64 to me, but it's a 94 rifle. Price was under $1000 I think (used, decent shape).

Back
Top Bottom