Where to get fingerprinted

Shark_Cage

NES Member
Hi,
Sorry if this is s dupe, where do I get my prints taken for the ATF. Do I make an appointment with my local licensing officer? I have checked some third party places but they are all electronic. Looking to file a form 1 for a SBR.

I was told by an instructor that any state police barracks will do it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hi, Sorry if this is s dupe, where do I get my prints taken for the ATF. Do I make an appointment with my local licensing officer? I have checked some third party places but they are all electronic. Looking to file a form 1 for a SBR.

Contact the State Identification Section in Sudbury and schedule an appt. They will not use ink but they will print out your prints on the appropriate applicant card. Trying to find someone to ink these days is difficult. Make sure they use the Federal and not the State Applicant Format they are different.

I'm not sure what you meant when you said third party places are electronic. Even if they use a platen, they would still print out a card.

You can try a State Police Barracks but remember that ink printing is becoming a dying art and is no longer taught at police academy. You may be confused by electronic submission and electronic or ink less printing, these are two different things.

Make sure the proper card is used as noted above. The ORI has to read with the ATF and the martinsburg location IIRC. Any other ORI is rejected. Get paper cards from the ATF with the proper ORI if you need paper cards.

That's why I got it in today lol. Figured if it's in the pipeline it might make it although the current wait appears to be 120 days

Back
Top Bottom