• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When did AR pistols get so popular?

yes, Angstad spring. I was off on the weight of the buffer, it's 5.4 not 5.2.

That's the same I'm running in my AR9. The black buffer with the red rubber piece, right? Depending on how heavy your bolt is with the weight, you could potentially need to step up to a 308 spring if you're getting aggressive bounce that is messing with timing. But you'll want to eliminate more possibilities for going that route.

Have your checked the BCG for any odd wear marks?

Uncle Sam's fielded 10.3'' and 11.5'' barreled M4 variants. The performance won't be 20'' barrel equivalent, but good enough for putting people down, it seems.

And considering the use case of AR pistols is plinking/defense and not precision rifle shooting at 200 yards, it should suffice.
I carried one of these in the 70's and 80's, and it was not fun qualifying with it and a gasmask on.. lol Paul

My submission

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-172856_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-172856_Gallery.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210415-172942_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-172942_Gallery.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 30
This one.
Finger grooves, ugh.

I like the simple approach

That barrel is too short bruh [rofl]

I could never go below 10.5". Both ARs and dicks.

Finger grooves, ugh.

I like the simple approach

That barrel is too short bruh [rofl]

I could never go below 10.5". Both ARs and dicks.
It's actually really comfortable. I like the thumb rest. With the way the grooves are cut it doesn't feel like glock grooves. They are there but not obnoxious.

I've handles the K2 and didn't like the angle.

The receivers and handguard came as a custom set. Matched and coated. When it showed up I liked the look of just the 3 pieces alone so much that I decided it was gonna be small, light and only as much bigger than the set as was necessary. Except when the drum is in. [laugh]

My buddy Paul has similar tastes. He could recommend a good rectal repair surgeon if needed. JLMK. [laugh]

I've got no argument with AR pistols as a class, though I am not a fan of going ultra-short on a gun chambered in .223, many suppressors are only warrantied for .223 out of +11.5” barrels.

NH Law said you could not have a loaded RIFLE in your Vehicle. So an AR Pistol would make a nice Truck Gun. That was my reasoning to make a couple.
Even though I already had SBRs, I added an AR pistol just to avoid driving around with a report-to-the-Feds-if-stolen NFA item unnecessarily.

Back
Top Bottom