What's The Law...

Wat?

stare-what-gif.gif

What's the Massachusetts law on purchasing ammo at an out of state auction?
Such ammo must be buried at 2 1/2 feet in clay soil enclosed within 6 inch PVC with threaded end caps & PVC glue.

Last edited:
There is no MA law on what you do out of state. As long as you're licensed to possess the ammo (FID/LTC) when you bring it home, you're good to go!

Ah, ok then the State in which the purchase is made then transporting it back to Mass may have issues.

Ah, ok then the State in which the purchase is made then transporting it back to Mass may have issues.

Yes... this is true. IF a MA resident buys bulk ammo in Maine it must stay in Maine. You are welcome to leave it with me for safe keeping.

What's the difference in going to an out of state gun show and purchasing ammo? I was told an auction sale would need to be shipped to an FFL. Ask 10 people the same question, get 10 different responses...

What's the difference in going to an out of state gun show and purchasing ammo? I was told an auction sale would need to be shipped to an FFL. Ask 10 people the same question, get 10 different responses...

Are you at the auction in person? What state is the auction being held in?

I would imagine you might have trouble getting some one to ship ammo to MA.

Call the AG they will make one up for you.

+Rep for that one. There is more truth here than I care to admit!

Better ask the auctioneer! If they insist on shipping to an FFL, that is stupid but going to make it NOT worth buying . . . if a MA FFL would even be willing to "transfer" it to you at all.

I was at a gun auction where the auctioneer did a number of stupid things, including pulling off all mags (many were pre-ban) from the guns, insisting that only FFLs could bid on them in a lot. The FFL at the auction even told me that he shouldn't have done that without talking to the FFL first.

Are you at the auction in person? What state is the auction being held in?

I would imagine you might have trouble getting some one to ship ammo to MA.

Very true. See my comment above.

If your trying to buy ammo on a online auction shipping might get silly.
I hit a few auctions that had a good amount of ammo. Almost all was won buy a few bidders. From what I understood the few bigger bidders where from Alaska.
As far as buying ammo out of state....you just need to follow that states rules. There are DOT regs on amounts of powder/primers/ammo you can transport go to SAAMI web site. Used to be listed.
Its a pretty large amount.

Back
Top Bottom