• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the interview like?

For an LTC-A?

Is the intereview also required for an LTC-B?

Trying to get my ducks in a row. Process is, get an MA driver's license, take firearms safety course, fill out application + $100, then...?

I'm moving here with a non-hi cap handgun (traditional, non series 80 1911), so I could live with an LTC-B if it's all I could get in the first 60 days...

It varies from town to town. Interviews are an issue in some. Others require letters of recommendation as well. What's your location?

I would contact the PD's in both towns and see what they require. This is nothing like Texas, and its getting stranger by the minute after CT. Leave your rights at the border.

- - - Updated - - -

Never had an interview. Initial issue, I just dropped off the paperwork and waited a month. Renewal in a different town on the Cape, the guy that handled licensing was one of those "set the appointment for the future and hopefully they give up" types. Or maybe he was serious that he couldn't do it until later that morning. Could have been that.

And is it absolutely true that someone with an LTC can hold onto the firearm I moved with if my LTC doesn't come within 60 days? When they transfer it back to me, does that mean I now have to register it?

Back
Top Bottom