What is the best reloading book?

I just started reloading again and my books are old. I was woundering if any of the new ones have rainier copper plated bullets in them. The website for rainier tells you to use lead bullet load data but my books dont have 158g lead 38 special that even looks like the bullet I want to load. I have the lyman 47 and the dillon one book one caliber 38 book.

You can get most data online. Just google the powder manufacturer and you should get plenty of data on the most recent lots of powder.

B

They are all flawed in some of the data, so get more than one. I have Lyman, Lee, Accurate,
Speer, and Sierra. I also check on line as well. For instance the Lyman book for the .32
H&R Mag OAL is wrong with a 90gr jacketed bullet. It gives a OAL of 1.315 and the real
value is 1.34 which I confirmed in a couple of other books. Don't trust any one single book.

Last edited:
I use the Lyman book, some online data, but also get specific caliber load books via Midway. For example, the .45 ACP book has data from all the bullet and powder manufacturers for .45 loads. I have books for 9mm, .40, .45 ACP, .38, .357 mag, .44 spl, .44 mag. .223 and .308
Not sure how up to date the info is however, but it makes cross referencing simple.

Yes, they are Loadbooks USA.
Easy to use, but not sure how up to date.
There's also a lot on line--I print out various pages for a caliber and put the in a binder for reference.

After going over my books the last few days in detail looking for some information, I would
have to say the Lee manual is about the best I have seen. I also like the Speer.

My order of preference for my books:

Lee
Speer
Lyman
Sierra
Accurate (only because they are only AA powders - it's a great manual though)

Back
Top Bottom