What do you get when you sell your milsurps?

40 caliber

NES Member
sometimes a little sadness [crying] sometimes a new reason to smile [smile]

I ended up with some doubles and rifles that never came out of the safe. I started questioning why they were there. were these the "ones" I wanted to keep? I realized that if I let a number of them go I could make room in the safe and fund another interesting idea.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-acquisitions-july-2013-a-14.html#post3341215

I know it is a little like heresy to talk about selling milsurps here. .... especially for something like this.

I have to say though, those milsurps made me happy when I got them...... and they are making me happy now...[wink]

I was just so excited by this "acquisition" I wanted to share it with my milsurp buddies.

Last edited:
Congrats. Beautiful bike! I just sold mine (was just a starter bike) to help fund getting a newer truck or car. Haven't got a new vehicle yet cause these damn milsurps keep draining the bank account [smile] . It's alright, I ain't complaining. Have fun with the bike and be safe!

Maybe not a MG42, but I can see myself getting a class III license and getting a fully auto M2 carbine.

[mg]

Hmm.....$500 for the license application, win or lose, and I've never seen a M2 with selector switch functional and available.

MS

To answer the question, I sell lesser pieces to offset the cost upgrade and/or get a new category.

Last edited:
Not sure what your friend paid 500 for. Mine cost 100.00 good for 5 years. Mjspud the M2 carbine is on my short list for happy switched items. The trust is another matter all in its self. I want a trust just to ease the process. I have found several m2 but my smaller "collection" isn't quit done. If all goes well a happy switch by end of 2014!

Not sure where the $500 came from as the application fee and process is the same as a ltc/fid

A commercial conversion of a m1 carbine to m2 select fore will run between 3500-550, but can be real POS. A true m2 will usually be $6k+

Where do you get a application; ATF or the police station?

Funny, after having watched the army's briefing film on converting a M1 to a M2 using a 5X model with removable pieces, I have seen several of these pieces for sale; the special flat right side piece which depresses the sear, allowing full auto, the cut out style of slide to accommodate it, and the inletted hammer from what I could remember off the top of my head. Are any of these special parts banned so as to keep John Q. Public from modifying his M1 to a M2?

T

Last edited:
You need to go to your local PD you will need axmassachusetts license to posses. Then you find a happy switch item that is transferable then fill out the federal paper work...the state fee is 100.00. You cant do much with out that first.
At least if you get a permit you will be able to shoot a machine gun in mass.

Back
Top Bottom