• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What cal. Hipoint carbine bullpup conversion?

Hey folks. Looking to pick this up just as a cool looking range toy, maybe even as a home defense scenario, but its really just a toy for under $500 all in plus an optic. Start with Hipoint Carbine and drop it into a High Tower MBS chassis. They just look badass! I just really am not sure if I want to keep it the same in 9mm as my pistols to keep ammo uniform or try something new like 10mm or 45ACP. Im sort of a novice in the caliber area and just buy things that are fun. Many have 9mm/22cal pistols and hand full of shot guns so far. Thoughts?

wm_13351069.jpg

Toys are supposed to be fun. Toys that jam and break are no fun. And no good for home defense. Have pass

Last edited:
@breds2k I have a 10mm hipoint and its fun to shoot, but gonna be expensive if you don't reload. Nice thing about them is their lifetime warranty. Mine has been flawless though, no jams or misfires.

@breds2k I have a 10mm hipoint and its fun to shoot, but gonna be expensive if you don't reload. Nice thing about them is their lifetime warranty. Mine has been flawless though, no jams or misfires.
thats what I was looking for. Seems to be a lot of hate from people that dont have them, although i have seen a couple videos of jams, ive talked to tons of people that love them. So forget 10mm i dont need crazy expensive ammo. 9mm or 45acp then? I still dont get the odd super secret squirrel 40 cal talk is all about. i know thats what my father has carried for 40 years in various sig's on/off duty but that doesnt mean a whole lot.

thats what I was looking for. Seems to be a lot of hate from people that dont have them, although i have seen a couple videos of jams, ive talked to tons of people that love them. So forget 10mm i dont need crazy expensive ammo. 9mm or 45acp then? I still dont get the odd super secret squirrel 40 cal talk is all about. i know thats what my father has carried for 40 years in various sig's on/off duty but that doesnt mean a whole lot.

I don't even think they make it in .40 so you don't need to sweat it. I'd say if you have guns in 9 get it in 9, if you have guns in 45 get it in 45. If you have both, toss a coin.

I have a 9mm Hi-Point that is pretty ugly but is actually a very accurate, fun little carbine. That Mod kit makes it a little less ugly so why not? I love the iron sights on my HP, I have terrible eyesight and I find that the full circle reticle helps a great deal with target acquisition and keeping rounds centered on the paper.
Haters gonna hate... Have fun with your toy..

The Hi Point bullpup conversion looks like a cool range toy… until you remember that the magazines are 10 round single stacks.

The Hi Point bullpup conversion looks like a cool range toy… until you remember that the magazines are 10 round single stacks.

True, but free states get these monstrosities.

RB995A001-Resized-Front.png

They built a full mag sized single stack extension, and then said "hold my beer" and put an extension on the extension. lol. Why not just make a full 20rd mag at that point?

.40 S&W is the "Spanish Fly" of ammunition... Try it and see...

Back
Top Bottom