What are the stages of the LTC application?

I'm just curious, I called the Hotline and I was told that my application was In review by my local PD. If I call back in a week would that translate to another step? Are most steps held at the PD level? Not in a rush but just curious.

Friendly tip: Include the state that you are referring to.

I'm just curious, I called the Hotline and I was told that my application was In review by my local PD. If I call back in a week would that translate to another step? Are most steps held at the PD level? Not in a rush but just curious.
PD sends to state, state sends back to PD. Just did my renewal early and it took 6 weeks from application to getting it in the mail.

I am in a small town, and the clerk at my local PD that handles them is a personal friend, and I also asked her to fast track it on her end, because of the new bullshit incoming.

I do think a lot of these get hung up on PD desks.......my clerk told me the state generally takes about 4 weeks or so at least. So if your getting jerked around for months, its likely your local PD.

Other than that legally having to get a permission slip to own a firearm....you should feel nothing but sadness.

PD sends to state, state sends back to PD. Just did my renewal early and it took 6 weeks from application to getting it in the mail.

I am in a small town, and the clerk at my local PD that handles them is a personal friend, and I also asked her to fast track it on her end, because of the new bullshit incoming.

I do think a lot of these get hung up on PD desks.......my clerk told me the state generally takes about 4 weeks or so at least. So if your getting jerked around for months, its likely your local PD.

Other than that legally having to get a permission slip to own a firearm....you should feel nothing but sadness.
Makes sense, I called back and it's still pending PD review. This is going on to my fourth week. I figure they probably would've denied by now if the wanted too, or maybe they haven't even done anything yet. Do you know if they will update the status to when they send it to the state police? Or is everything done at the police department? And then a final decision, that's made? One of my friends in the same town said it took him months to get it.

Back
Top Bottom