What are the stages of the LTC application?

I'm just curious, I called the Hotline and I was told that my application was In review by my local PD. If I call back in a week would that translate to another step? Are most steps held at the PD level? Not in a rush but just curious.

What? No endless questions trying to figure out the f’ing laws in this god forsaken state?

You guys are getting soft on newbs.

I guess what I'm wondering is if I were to call everyday, how long until I hear that it's not waiting on the PD background check and moved on to the other step? Couple of weeks? Is thebPolice approving the longest part? 😆

I guess what I'm wondering is if I were to call everyday, how long until I hear that it's not waiting on the PD background check and moved on to the other step? Couple of weeks? Is thebPolice approving the longest part? 😆
If you call everyday expect to wait 2-3 times as long…

Or be considered unsuitable…

Don’t poke the bear.

I'm just curious, I called the Hotline and I was told that my application was In review by my local PD. If I call back in a week would that translate to another step? Are most steps held at the PD level? Not in a rush but just curious.
Takes a VERY LONG time especially in blue states, could be up to a year of waiting for a reply back from the PD you submitted it too.

They told me 6-8 weeks and they will call me when it's in to pick it up for what that's worth.

I think that's the only meaningful answer you're likely to get.

Calling and calling and calling again probably won't hurt, but it won't help. They're on their own time, and you're not going to make them move faster. Hell, they're not afraid of violating the actual law, as written; why would they care any more than that about your phone call?

It sucks, but be patient. If the issuing authority has told you they'll call you in 6-8 weeks, they're the most reliable source for "what's next." Calling and getting more and more disappointed will just give you agita.

It depends on the city/town. How long have you been waiting?

you don't need no stinkin' ltc...using the gun show loophole, buy yourself a gun and just carry it around. and ask for the big boy magazines, or as a tenderfoot might call them, clips.

You can always constitutional carry while you wait.

Excitement
Frustration
Relief
Excitement when it arrives.
🤣

I came here to post something like that, but...

Big thanks to @Len-2A Training for providing this useful flowchart.

^^^ This is the best answer. ^^^

I've got a similar meme kicking around with the guy carrying a Glock that's photoshopped huge.

Back
Top Bottom