What a bunch of Bullsh*t!!!!!!!!!!

I apologise for my language but I'm quite pissed. I just got off the phone with Samco Global Arms to see if my info was on file. It is, and they asked me what i wanted to buy. I told them nothing right now. She sort of chuckled when I told her I was from Mass. I politely asked her what was so funny and she basically told me I couldnt use my C&R with any of the Relics they are currently selling and must go through a 01FFL to get anything. What the hell is that all about!!!!!!!!!!!??. Why on earth do I have this friggin license if I cant even purchase a rifle with no BS involved. I contacted a couple others I sent it to and one was closed(XXXX), and the other(XXXX) still hasnt put it on file. Am I going to have the same hassle everywhere?. If so, I'll just tear the darn piece of paper up

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone please tell me this is not the norm [sad2] I have been following the thread on getting the C&R and I just mailed out the form this week and took the other copy to the police dept. - I know it will take a while to get but I have already started to save.....

Will be anxiously awaiting responses....

Some vendors are scared off by the tactics of our past (and present?) Attorneys General. Therefore, we don't post any of the names of other vendors that might ship to Mass. I edited your post.

Welcome to C&R collecting behind the Iron Curtain.

Not bragging but I'm betting I had the worst Samco experience out of anyone.

Years ago when the more rare M59 variant Yugo SKS rifles came in the country, I didn't get one because like all other stuff I assumed they'd be arond for a while and didn't know much about SKS types at the time. By the time I started getting serious about collecting them, almost all the dealers had sold out with the exception of Samco who had some great condition rifles, even sniper variants without the scopes or mounts.

I called and placed an order, had to send copies of my C&R and MA LTC again and sat back preparing to wait because I knew they took a while to ship.
Weeks went by and I'd call every week asking if the order shipped yet so I could get a tracking number but still nothing. The whole time I'm seeing pics of M59s on the SKS forums that people were waiting for and finally got. Every one looked almost mint and most had all matching numbers. I was psyched up to get mine and still kept calling every week.

Finally one day when I called they said they'd be shipping all backlogged orders out by Christmas and I'd have it soon. I figured cool! a Christmas present from Samco but of course the hollidays came and went with no M59.
Finally after January first I called them again and was told they decided to not ship C&R firearms to Massachusetts anymore and that my money was refunded to my credit card account.

I went ape shit and demanded to speak to someone in charge, etc. got a big run around, and finally spoke with some guy who said one of their distributors (Lew Horton) told them they shouldn't be selling to MA 03 license holders and that he could sell me one if I had it shipped to an 01 FFL only.
Its been so long ago and I honestly can't remember now, but I think I told the guy to take the SKS, extend the bayonet, and stick it up his ass.

Now when I order from a C&R distributor, I fax a copy of my FFL and my MA LTC all on the same page, and often will mail them one too. Write on the copy (if you're mailing, in blue ink) "For your files" and make sure you've signed it.

Now you know why Milsurps 4 Me is such a rabid collector of SKS's.... he getting his own personal revenge on the world for the way SAMCO treated him way back when.

There are so many avenues for getting C&R firearms, I really don't sweat the one or two that cringe at the thought of selling to a Mass resident. Between on-line auctions, chat forums, and the dozens of other C&R vendors out there, you're bound to find something you like.

But in the end, it's probably better you do throw away that piece of paper - you'll be saving yourself thousands of dollars!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom