Westfield?

I can't personally verify but I've heard that place has gone down the tubes.

Alternatives in the area are...
Agawam Revolver Club in Southwick
Chicopee Sportsmans Club in Granby MA
Springfield Sportsmans Club in Monson MA (300 yard range)

With the kid shooting himself with an UZI during the full auto shoot a few years back, I am sure the .gov climbed all over the place and really put the kibosh on the ranks.

I'd love to join agawam - the only thing is I either have to do a class A through them or proficiency test.

I don't want to do the first one and I'm a horrible shot right now, so I'd fail the test

With the kid shooting himself with an UZI during the full auto shoot a few years back, I am sure the .gov climbed all over the place and really put the kibosh on the ranks.

IIRC a bunch of rules got changed after the incident (instead of simply saying "no more open to the public MG shoots") and went full retard in a lot of ways. If there's attrition in the ranks its probably because of that more than anything else.

-Mike

I actually spoke with someone from agawam revolver club yesterday. Have an orientation probably next Friday.

Thanks everyone.

If your still interested I can show you around Westfield. I've only been a member there for a few months, but they still should still be accepting new members. As others mentioned after the accidental shooting a few rules were put in place because of that, but overall the clubs pretty good and other than 1 person that i have met most of the members are very nice. I've also been there on different times and on different ranges and I'm surprised at how empty the club is.

I can't personally verify but I've heard that place has gone down the tubes.

Alternatives in the area are...
Agawam Revolver Club in Southwick
Chicopee Sportsmans Club in Granby MA
Springfield Sportsmans Club in Monson MA (300 yard range)

there is another club in granby ma its the fairview sportsmans club.

bob

They do have open membership... In fact this weekend they are having an open house... They let me join... So that said... As long as your legal... You could probably join too... ;-)

If your still interested I can show you around Westfield. I've only been a member there for a few months, but they still should still be accepting new members. As others mentioned after the accidental shooting a few rules were put in place because of that, but overall the clubs pretty good and other than 1 person that i have met most of the members are very nice. I've also been there on different times and on different ranges and I'm surprised at how empty the club is.

I joined up over the summer, great place. No one bothers you and everyone is very easy to get along with. My wife goes frequently too, she likes it as well.

I joined up over the summer, great place. No one bothers you and everyone is very easy to get along with. My wife goes frequently too, she likes it as well.
Same with me I joined in June and other than 1 member everyone else leaves you alone. I do like the fact that no matter when I go there is usually next to no one there.

I really like Westfield, it's not busy so you aren't bothered if you're having a day when you'd rather shoot alone. Met some interesting people, everyone's always curious (usually because I'm firing Mausers or my Mosin) and friendly, and I've learned a lot from the old timers there. Unfortunately their guest policies are very strict due to the incident with the Uzi.

There's also Pioneer Valley Sportsmans club in West Springfield. Just looked at the place today - seems like a nice enough place.

Westfield has a ton to offer from indoor ranges to fishing access to a 300 yard rifle range.

Bonus for military is free membership.

Chicopee Sportmans club started going the full retard route after the Westfield Machine Gun shoot accident.

Fairview in Granby is nice and the only range I know of that allows guests to shoot. I get the liability, but it is tough to get a moonbat into shooting if you can't let them pull the trigger.

There's also Pioneer Valley Sportsmans club in West Springfield. Just looked at the place today - seems like a nice enough place.

Westfield has a ton to offer from indoor ranges to fishing access to a 300 yard rifle range.

Bonus for military is free membership.

Chicopee Sportmans club started going the full retard route after the Westfield Machine Gun shoot accident.

Fairview in Granby is nice and the only range I know of that allows guests to shoot. I get the liability, but it is tough to get a moonbat into shooting if you can't let them pull the trigger.

Westfield is no longer free for military, it's now $65

Unfortunately their guest policies are very strict due to the incident with the Uzi.

Wesfield had a "no guests may shoot except at formal club events" for years before the accident.

Back
Top Bottom