Went for a Mauser- got a Enfield MK III

South Central Massachusetts stationed in GA
I went to the LGS today with hopes of getting a Mauser but they were worse than I remembered. Russian captures all right- marks ground off, red lacquer- then I saw it. A 1915 BSA Mk. III Jungle Rifle. A very neat enfield w/ a flash hider and everything. Looked really nice so I got it. Maybe next time on the Mauser. [smile]
The bore is dark but the rifling is strong.

Here we go- the rifle-

mk31.jpg

The stamp on the band-

mk32.jpg

The rear sight with the spiked wheely looking thing. :jester:

mk33.jpg

The sight radius-

mk34.jpg

And the muzzle/ flash hider

mk35.jpg

Any idea who did the conversion? A company by the name of Santa Fe Arms did a whole bunch of these conversions.

Ripach

The bolt-action milsurp should be creeping up the list faster. There are still some good ones out there and prices aren't getting any cheaper.

Joe R.

Levergun,

The spiked wheely thing allows you to fine tune your elevation alittle. Push the button to disengage the wheel and it rotates. If you change the teeth position and release the button, you should notice the line showing some change. If you knew this already, I'll spank myself later. If you didn't know this, it was a heads up for you!

Joe R.

Levergun,

The spiked wheely thing allows you to fine tune your elevation alittle. Push the button to disengage the wheel and it rotates. If you change the teeth position and release the button, you should notice the line showing some change. If you knew this already, I'll spank myself later. If you didn't know this, it was a heads up for you!

Joe R.
I knew what it did, I just didn't know what to call it. [smile]

And yes, it is a Santa Fe. Looks nicer than some of the originals I've seen and I practically got it for free.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom