• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Well, I just got out of the closet!

June4th

NES Member
No, not that kind. [wink]

I was hosting a customer lunch today and the smalltalk lead to what to do on the 4th. I said I really wished to go to the NES member shoot but wife had other plans.

This surprised everybody at the table and no one thought I was the gun toting kind. So instead of business, us five guys talked nothing but guns during the lunch and I told them they're all welcome to be my guest at my club and shoot any time.

Lo and behold, everyone thought it was a great idea and now I have another great customer event lined up!

I just wish I could see the face of my company bean-counter when he sees the line-item for a few thousand rounds of ammo in my expense report! [devil2]

Last edited:
I just wish I could see the face of my company bean-counter when he sees the line-item for a few thousand rounds of ammo in my expense report! [devil2]
Our company bean-counter is a sport shotgunner, 2nd A advocate and avid hunter. I think she'd understand.

...so long as the amount was within your client entertainment per diem, or was pre-approved by your manager if in excess. [grin]

No, not that kind. [wink]

I was hosting a customer lunch today and the smalltalk lead to what to do on the 4th. I said I really wished to go to the NES member shoot but wife had other plans.

This surprised everybody at the table and no one thought I was the gun toting kind. So instead of business, us five guys talked nothing but guns during the lunch and I told them they're all welcome to be my guest at my club and shoot any time.

Lo and behold, everyone thought it was a great idea and now I have another great customer event lined up!

Must have been a nice feeling and nice change-of-pace from ordinary business. Never know where future customers/clients come from and what their interests really are.

I recently started telling people I work with that I shoot with similar results. So far I've gotten 3 potential shootings mates and only 1 "Guns are scary" response.

Back
Top Bottom