• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weird post counts (not just deleted classifieds)

jar

Why are some people's post counts too low? For example, I saw one of ken1234's posts in the classifieds, and his post count shows as 4, but if I click on his name and do view posts, I find 29.

As I said in the subject, I'm not talking about the deleted classifieds, which is what's covered in the sticky. Ken1234 for example, has more posts that I can see in non-classified forums than his his post count shows.

Jar,

I think it's the difference between his posts and total posts that have been soft deleted. We can soft delete posts so you guys can't see them but there is still a link for the mods to go back and review if need be. I think that is where the difference in the two numbers is.

I know for a fact that I have soft deleted some of Ken's posts.

It sounds as if what he's describing is in the opposite direction, with more visible posts than indicated by the post counter.

Ken

People with low post counts can't be trusted.
There is only some validity to that statement.

You for example have been around for 3 years with 104 posts; that is an average of about 34 posts a year, which to me is pretty low. Same goes for me.

I weigh time as a member and quality or posts more heavily than post counts; there are a lot of folks on this and every other board out there that just reply for the same of adding 1 word responses or emoticon responses which add zero value (IMHO).

The root of what you said is absolutely true though, when you see people with <10 posts asking questions in those gray areas or for "insider" information bells and alarms start going off.

Based on a recent PM I got from a member with 0 posts I would be curious to see trending on people with super low post counts who only PM people... that should not be allowed.

Sorry for the derail.

Back
Top Bottom