• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We are Change Repeal Mass. Assualt Weapons...

I signed it. I do suggest that someone do a wee bit of editing just to get the grammar correct. It's touchy to edit once people have signed it though.

Signed, but it is a very broad brush. I don't think any legislators have the stones to get behind an all out repeal of the AWB.

Baby steps man, small increments to larger goals backed with some facts.

for example... Despite a statewide AWB, aggravated assaults with guns rose almost 27 percent from 1998-2011. While robberies with firearms increased almost 21 percent.

The first go-around could just be lobbying to repeal 1 or 2 cosmetic features on the ban, just to test the water with your big toe.

Signed, but it is a very broad brush. I don't think any legislators have the stones to get behind an all out repeal of the AWB.

Baby steps man, small increments to larger goals backed with some facts.

The first go-around could just be lobbying to repeal 1 or 2 cosmetic features on the ban, just to test the water with your big toe.
The only way this gets done is if there is a shift in public perception that makes pele realize that this is ban is absurd and regulates past and future victims, not criminals.

So, incremental or not is not going to matter.

I hear ya. Its an unmovable mountain in this time.
It is movable, but it will require all of us to do more than we have and things we are unaccustomed to doing (political advocacy).

There are key adversaries in this battles that could go a long way if they could be convinced, but that too seems impossible and will remain that way until the day that it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom