Way to Ignore Threads?

kevin9

NES Member
Does the NES software have any way that one can ignore specific threads? There are some threads that I just am not interested in at all and don't want to see anything from them when bringing up new posts.

TIA
Kevin

I know you can ignore specific users. I am not sure about threads created buy that user. Feel free to voice your opinion publicly or via PM to a mod about threads/posts you disapprove, find inappropriate or offensive.

I know you can ignore specific users. I am not sure about threads created buy that user. Feel free to voice your opinion publicly or via PM to a mod about threads/posts you disapprove, find inappropriate or offensive.
Thanks. I do know about the user ignore feature. It's not that threads are inappropriate or offensive, or what specific members have posted, it's just that I'm not interested in, nor do I have the time to be interested in, every single topic that is discussed here. NES is great, and the members by in large are too, but the overall traffic level has risen such that between work and home it is hard to keep up with topics I am interested in.

I'm not trying to sound condesending, but I have to ask. Have you selected the option in your profile to subscribe to the threads you have posted in? You can also subscribe to threads without posting by clicking on subscribe under the Thread tools menu. Then when you click on User CP it only shows the threads in which you have an interest.

Then you could browse New Posts at your leisure when time permits.

I'm not trying to sound condesending, but I have to ask.
No problem.
Have you selected the option in your profile to subscribe to the threads you have posted in? You can also subscribe to threads without posting by clicking on subscribe under the Thread tools menu. Then when you click on User CP it only shows the threads in which you have an interest.

Then you could browse New Posts at your leisure when time permits.
I understand the subscription model: I was thinking more of a newsgroup reader model

I read NES from the New Posts page because the threads I end up being interested in tend to be scattered throughout the whole site. In addition, new threads automatically show up without having to wander around to find them.

Using New Posts has worked pretty well for me, until traffic increased to the point that 100 or more thread showed up in the new posts list multiple times a day.

A problem I see with using subscriptions is seeing new threads. Finding them would then mean either trolling through the all individual forums, or sorting through all the new posts; both of which I think would be more time consuming than my current approach.

Success is wonderful ain't it. [grin]

There is a new version of vB coming out. It's in Beta now, but from what I have heard there are a bunch more new enhancements. This may be in option in the new version, I just can't say for sure.

Back
Top Bottom