Request to Ignore Off Topic (Better Alternative Suggested)

Don't mean to be rude... but hence the title and description.

View attachment 707137

I don't really care about the HAM radio forum coz I'm not a radio guy. So I don't look at it and read it. Lol
Don't mean to be rude but hence the name of the forum and ostensibly its purpose...

1673233535506.png

Anyway, @chopper_man suggested a fix that works for me.

Might it be possible to "ignore" a forum? Off Topic, specifically? I get tons of value from NES but lately there are prolific and redundant steaming garbage threads that are choking off the new posts and old post bumps for gun and shooting related threads. It would be awesome to simply shut that off via filtering out Off Topic.
A suggestion, but certainly not a solution is that you can subscribe to specific sub forums.

For example, I'm subscribed to the Survival and also the Military Bubbas sub forums.

Anytime someone starts a new thread or topic there, I get an email.

Then I can choose to follow those threads or topics as I wish.

A "trick" if you will is when clicking new posts, go right in to off-topic and click "mark read", you can then go back to new posts and they are gone.

This'll work, OP. Simple.

My only real pet peeve of this place are the posts with like six Twitter posts in them. If I wanted Twitter, I'd go to Twitter.

Still, not that hard to scroll past. Your "ignore" function is between your ears.

Wasn’t to long ago that any thread that got into abortion and other topics that excited the masses got shut down pretty quick. Not so much anymore and some threads goes way off the rails. It’s typically the same people. Though I throw my own grenades from time to time to see what happens

The shit posters on here are easily identified, that is what the ignore function is good for. I have quite a list of ignored people I have built over the years and this forum is so much better when the idiots are filtered out.

There is a smelly member of the forum (he/she/it identifies as smelly) that says they/them has me on ignore.

I've always thought I was hilarious. My mum even told me I was.

You should start a thread in GD with a copy of your ignore list. Maybe you and Mountain can compare?

Fairly certain you shouldn't start such a thread in OT as OP has been given several recommendations on to how to avoid OT.

There is a smelly member of the forum (he/she/it identifies as smelly) that says they/them has me on ignore.

I've always thought I was hilarious. My mum even told me I was.

You should start a thread in GD with a copy of your ignore list. Maybe you and Mountain can compare?

Fairly certain you shouldn't start such a thread in OT as OP has been given several recommendations on to how to avoid OT.
I discovered that smelly thread recently and was like wut. the. f***.? 😂
But I guess who am I to judge🤷🏻‍♂️

Wasn’t to long ago that any thread that got into abortion and other topics that excited the masses got shut down pretty quick. Not so much anymore and some threads goes way off the rails. It’s typically the same people. Though I throw my own grenades from time to time to see what happens
I remember a thread that pointed out all the threads that were going off the rails.

It made them easier to find; for entertainment purposes of course! :)

I discovered that smelly thread recently and was like wut. the. f***.? 😂
But I guess who am I to judge🤷🏻‍♂️

Do you use air transportation? If so, you can judge so long as you aren't judging based upon apparel. Or so I am told.

Last edited:
How 'bout I simply go there to troll all the whack jobs posting nonsense that belongs on some idiotic platform like Facebook or Tiktok? Start shit and get the threads shut down? Maybe that's the solution.

At any given point in a day, of the top 10 threads or so there might only be one that is gun related. We may as well call this the Wu Flu forum- that crap just won't die and for example there are at least two threads on ' vax sudden death'. That crap could at least get dumped into a single thread- though I would prefer that ANYTHING covid related gets dumped into a single thread. Think of it like opening up email and the spam ratio is 10:1 and you don't have a spam filter. Yes, you can block senders individually but that doesn't help to manage the spam.

I don't pay for Facebook etc., so if this place is going to be clogged up with Facebook-like garbage I no longer see the need to fund that and at this point my last renewal will be my last renewal.

Is this about me unknowingly creating a dupe thread about Robbie Knievel?

I honestly had no idea there was another thread, the suggested threads didn't even alert me to my dupe.

I'm sorry :(

Is this about me unknowingly creating a dupe thread about Robbie Knievel?

I honestly had no idea there was another thread, the suggested threads didn't even alert me to my dupe.

I'm sorry :(
Ha ha- no. It's more about the incessant tinfoil over the same crap, over and over and over again.

There are some better alternatives that others have suggested in this thread. I can go into Off Topic and mark the whole thing read which filters out all of it then I can see the fresh on topic threads. Also I'll just create an ignore list, which I knew I could do but was looking for something more universal. 3 or 4 tinfoilers ignored will probably cut 80% of the hot garbage and another 3 or 4 will cut about 98%.

I'm going to change the title to reflect the good suggestions. Besides, there's no way I ever want to miss a Skysoldier dead cat thread (or anything off topic by Skysoldier).

1/10 of a rant. Am I missing something here, or can you just not search the threads that so offend you? WHF? You come across as a Karen on steroids.

1/10 of a rant. Am I missing something here, or can you just not search the threads that so offend you? WHF? You come across as a Karen on steroids.

I take it you like the bazillion nonsense threads about the same shit, over and over? I don't need to see another thread about wu flu etc but they just keep spawning. Anyway, as I posted someone pointed out the way to clear the Off Topic junk if I'm looking for actual gun threads. Asked for help, got it. And I didn't even have to demand to speak with the manager.

Also nothing more ghey than rating a 'rant'.

Wait, you guys actually own GUNS? I hate digging through all the stupid gun posts to find the MGTOW thread. 😀

I get what Mountain is saying. My favorite part of this forum is off topic, but I like that I can get answers to gun questions also.

What would be awesome is if we could ignore individual threads. All the Covid circle jerking is kind of annoying to look at every time I click for new posts.

I take it you like the bazillion nonsense threads about the same shit, over and over? I don't need to see another thread about wu flu etc but they just keep spawning. Anyway, as I posted someone pointed out the way to clear the Off Topic junk if I'm looking for actual gun threads. Asked for help, got it. And I didn't even have to demand to speak with the manager.

Not too long ago someone started a thread about there not being enough threads with gun as the topic.

They got called out when their post history was screenshotted and published; they hadn't posted any gun threads either!

😆

I'm not saying that's what @Mountain did, just that this topic reminded me of that occasion.

WTF do you think OFF f***ing Topic means?????

Not too long ago someone started a thread about there not being enough threads with gun as the topic.

They got called out when their post history was screenshotted and published; they hadn't posted any gun threads either!

😆

I'm not saying that's what @Mountain did, just that this topic reminded me of that occasion.
LOL I can get mired in the OT stuff as well as the next NESer though I'd like to think I keep a balanced approach.

Oh, I get it, someone is holding a gun to your head to peruse the "Off Topic" (non gun related) thread? Maybe you shouldn't have gotten the Jab, it apparently has scrambled your brain.

There is nothing more ghey than ranting about something a 6 year old girl would rant about.

Gotcha. Let's all lobby to rename this place NOTS. (Northeast Off Topic Shitposters) To your credit, one of my follow up posts in this thread was pissy.

Back
Top Bottom