Watch out for scam PMs

Machines

NES Member
This is still going on. Got a PM from user "Travon1" today with the same boilerplate scam message that's been going around classic car forums. Same email address.

Travon1 said:
Hello,

I recently purchase some items from Nick Leduc, Glock 22 mag baseplate and insert is among the items he's willing to part out with. You can email him at [email protected] if he still have it available.

Thanks

Last edited:
You may be thinking about Chris Ledoux (sp?).

"Worn out tapes of Chris Ledoux, lonely women and bad booze...."
Yes sir thank you, that’s the one. Been a long time since I heard that song.

I have been receiving a number of scam emails, all of the same format.

It's usually from a company I know, and may have done business with. It's a very short message asking me to open and respond to the "attached invoice". The sending email is almost always a ridiculous address, almost never referencing the company it's supposedly from.

I don't know if the attachment is a virus or if the hook is by calling the company and giving them personal information.

Yeah, I saw that. And he's being backed up by another low-post count, non-member.

"Interesting" to say the least.
The low-post count non-member has 4 positive feedbacks and has started a few threads so I think he's a real person. Just recently joined and doesn't post much I would guess

Back
Top Bottom