Waste of electrons to Representative Shea-Porter

I just sent the following email to Representative Shea-Porter. As anyone in So-NH knows, her lips are surgically attached to San Fran Nan's posterior. I decided to waste twenty minutes writing her, asking her to vote against a number of anti-gun bills introduced into the House of Representatives. I am not a very good writer, but I did the best I could do and still remain civil:

Thank you for using National Rifle Association Mail System.

Message sent to the following recipients:
Representative Shea-Porter
Message text follows:

[Sender address was inserted here]

January 5, 2013

[recipient address was inserted here]

[recipient name was inserted here],

Representative Shea-Porter,

I am writing to you to ask you to vote against the following bills: HR 21, HR 34, HR 117, HR 138, HR 141, and HR 142.

These bills will do nothing to prevent criminals from committing violence with firearms. They only affect legal firearm owners.

In the case of HR 21, this will prevent legal firearm owners from giving a firearm as a gift without using an FFL, all this will do is increase costs for a legal firearm owner for no good reason.

HR 34 and HR 117 are both invasion of the privacy of legal firearm owners.
All registering firearms does, is the first step in a gun confiscation scheme.

HR 138 does nothing to prevent violence. The capacity of magazines does nothing. Criminals won't care about magazine capacity limits, they will continue to use standard capacity magazines. A standard capacity magazine is thirty rounds. It takes seconds to swap out a magazine.

HR 141 is meaningless. There is no such thing as a "gun show loophole".
It is a term invented by anti gun democrats and the media. If you purchase a complete firearm or a lower at a gun show, an 4473 is filled out and a NICS check is initiated. The lower is the part of a firearm with the serial number. In the terms of a pistol, is the part where the grip and trigger assembly is. In terms of an AR-15, it is the part with the trigger assembly and magazine well. I have personally witnessed numerous firearms purchased at gunshows, including the one held in Manchester twice a year, and the dealers with either complete firearms or serialized items, have stacks of 4473s and all have several mobile phones to initiate NICS checks.

HR 142 will only impact legal firearms owners in not allowing us to use economies of scale in purchasing of ammunition. For instance, a competitive shooter can go through a considerable amount of ammunition over the course of the season and he/she will purchase the ammunition from Internet retailers who can supply a large amount of ammunition for lower cost and in greater variety than the average FFL gun store.

The previous assault weapons ban did nothing to prevent crime, including Columbine, which happened in the middle of the previous AWB.

If you do not plan on voting against these bills, please explain to me in detail why you think these restrictions on legal gun owners will prevent crimes committed with firearms.

Sincerely,

Navy Moose

Back
Top Bottom