• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Warwick Pistol Permit

Warwick is revising their “policy” regarding pistol permits.

Warwick issues licenses by the Board of Public Safety (during their bi-monthly meetings) since the chief of the PD can not issue pursuant to RIGL 11-47-2. The 3 member panel votes to issue the license on each applicant in closed session.

They don’t quite grasp the concept of what they have to do; however, the city solicitor has hammered home that self-defense is a proper reason and that no other explanation of any kind can be required.

They appear to be focusing on suitability. If people live in or near Warwick, they may want to attend a Board of Public Safety meeting on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday’s of the month.
Here is a link to one of their most recent meetings.

I’d go myself; however, I no longer live in RI and it would be nice if someone else who can speak well and on point can pick up the slack and represent.

This is all I know and I have no other information. I do not have a Warwick Pistol Permit nor have I ever applied through Warwick.

Back
Top Bottom