• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WANTED, A Range for a 4 July Appleseed

Just curious as to why you say 'and a .22'.

Because Nickle is a huge fan of the rapid fire AQT. 40 rounds in 4 minutes. I fired over 550 rounds at the Harvard Appleseed, and I heard they broke 700 at Proctor. If you can afford to shoot that much centerfire in a weekend, more power to you. You can buy a 10/22 and shoot it for a weekend for what it would cost to shoot 308.

Most of Appleseed is done at 25 meters, so 22LR works great. Harvard was all 25M. If I go to Jericho in July, I plan to shoot 22 on Saturday and centerfire on Sunday.

Because Nickle is a huge fan of the rapid fire AQT. 40 rounds in 4 minutes. I fired over 550 rounds at the Harvard Appleseed, and I heard they broke 700 at Proctor. If you can afford to shoot that much centerfire in a weekend, more power to you. You can buy a 10/22 and shoot it for a weekend for what it would cost to shoot 308.

Most of Appleseed is done at 25 meters, so 22LR works great. Harvard was all 25M. If I go to Jericho in July, I plan to shoot 22 on Saturday and centerfire on Sunday.

I understand the cost, I just didn't know if there was a reason other than cost. But yeah it does make sense to do that. I probably can buy an dedicated AR-15 22lr upper for the cost I'd save :)

EATF: Okay, it would take 2-3 Appleseed shoots to cover the cost of the upper and magazines.... :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Nickle
Proctor, VT. Bring LOTS of ammo and a .22.

Just curious as to why you say 'and a .22'.

I shot off an email to the secretary at LF&G. We'll see how it goes. I think access to the range will be the biggest problem until they have an easement.

Also, what about land that is conservation land in which the police/locals shoot on?

Proctor is done as 25 meter only. We were there 26/27 April, and racked up a round count of 725 for 2 days.

We will almost 100% chance have a 3 day Appleseed there on 4-6 July. I expect the round count to be between 1000 and 1500 rounds. Either bring lots of $$$ for ammo, or a .22 and 3 bricks of ammo.

If you're an AR owner, and don't own a .22, you could buy a 10/22 (new), all the stuff to turn it into an LTR (with 3 spare mags and cleaning gear/tools), 1500 rounds of ammo, pay the Appleseed fee ($71.75 if you pre-reg), gas to travel up, lodging, a couple of meals, and still have money left over, compared to 1500 rounds of .223.

I contacted Londonderry F&G. They may possibly allow us if I/we talk to them more, but the problem as I mentioned is they have 2-3 gates that must be locked or manned which will cause issues getting in/out. They will hopefully be getting an easement soon which will make it easier to access.

Back
Top Bottom