Wal-Mart in Kentucky

yma5ubyh.jpg

That's the gun rack at the Wally World in Louisville KY. Ammo at the stores is about the same.
Went the the US Cavalry store...meh, even at blowout pricing. Went to the mom-and-pop Army Surplus store/residence...scored E-SAPIS dated 4/13 for $200, and Z-fold Combat Gauze for $0.50!!! Guys have tables on the side of the road selling ammo and military gear, drove past the Knob Creek range and saw the smoke from the machine gun shoot. Theres a gun show next weekend that looks insane. Cases of Colt AR mags in the wrapper for $5 (dated unfortunately). Place is insane! Haven't even hit the pawn shops yet. And saw the best smokeshop ever!
neru6amy.jpg

Ill be shooting BB's at people here for the next 2 days
ejuve8et.jpg

Surrounded by Yulingling and Bourbon.

I can buy an AR at the walmart in Lebanon, NH too. Supposedly I can do this at the walmart in Concord too.

Just sayin, you don't have to go as far away as Kentucky to buy an AR off the shelf in walmart...

I can buy an AR at the walmart in Lebanon, NH too. Supposedly I can do this at the walmart in Concord too.

Just sayin, you don't have to go as far away as Kentucky to buy an AR off the shelf in walmart...

Was just in the Rochester Wally World yesterday, and noted that they've done a bunch of work at the sporting goods counter(including installing locked cases with rifle racks [smile] expanded the section with targets, cleaning stuff and such.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

Was just in the Rochester Wally World yesterday, and noted that they've done a bunch of work at the sporting goods counter(including installing locked cases with rifle racks [smile] expanded the section with targets, cleaning stuff and such.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

That must be wicked new cause I was there about 2-3 weeks back and there was nothing setup for rifles. Only thing they had was empty ammo shelves lol.

I wouldn't go all Ga-Ga over Wal-Mart, there was a time when they sold handguns too, but changed their policy to conform to "political correctness."

Actually nothing to see here folks, move along...your reaction is merely that of someone from East Berlin who gets to go to West Berlin for the first time. You will get over the shock in a few days. Welcome to America!

Last edited:
Back around 2004 Walmart sold an engrave shotgun with Sam Walden, it was a Remington 1100. My friend bought one, which I thought was stupid, looked up the value a few years later and the price had doubled after they cut production.

I bought countless rounds of shotgun and rifle ammo as a kid at Walmart in Owensboro (couldn't afford a new gun from paper route money, had to use hand-me-down single shot 12ga and Marlin 60 (made in Mayfield in Western KY).

Whittaker guns (owned by friends of the family) on the West side of Daviess County (where my family farmed for the past 200 years) is my favorite Kentucky Gun Shop.

Whittaker Guns

Kentucky has one of the best firearms traditions in the country, but even the left week statists are at it there. However, they passed a law (like other states) nullifying and new federal gun control laws.

First thing I saw in that pic was the empty ammo shelves below the gun case. I guess that part isn't any better in KY or anywhere
Yep. It's still bad all over unless you are filthy rich. Some .22 LR's came into my local Walmart the other day and a line quickly formed 4 people deep. The .22's were all gone in less than one hour. And that was mid-day.

I'll know that the Great Ammo Crisis of 2013 is over when Walmart takes down the sign that says "3 box limit"!

And drive through rbrewery in RI! Although nothing will ever top the drive through daquari bars we ran into in New Orleans!!!

Ron

I didn't see guns in the OH stores. But still it's good to put all of the MA crap into perspective and know that the rest of America is pretty normal.

Haven't hit the gun stores yet, but the ammo situation at Wal-Mart looks about the same as MA.. There is a huge gun show next weekend that Ill miss. Today we're stopping by the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot, then hitting surplus stores (and the random tents on the side of the road), gun stores and pawn shops.

We stopped at ever 12 year old boys dream destination
a9e8e4ad.jpg
They're going under, but their "blowout" sale was disappointing. Must have been awesome in its heyday. Burning daylight here off to
3erejude.jpg

Yeah Hush, it's a shame about the cavalry store, I have purchased stuff through them from online and they would have some good deals sometimes. It's nice being able to get out and free sometimes huh?

Charles.

Back
Top Bottom