VOTE ON POLL FOR GUNS IN NAT'L PARKS

That's gotta be the worst one sided article I have seen in a long time. And from a source called opposingviews.com. I took a coarse in opposing viewpoints once and remember the instructor hammering us to learn and present the opposing view. Really good exercise for honing debate skills. the better you understand your opponents viewpoint the better you can prepare for what he/she will say. I remember the instructor also telling us how that skill would be critical if any of us ever wanted to go into journalism. I guess that skill is no longer needed in journalism as they only present one side.

80% YES

20% NO

I just found that the article is written by some "organization" that no one will put their own name to. They have some more polls for us to vote on too.

http://www.opposingviews.com/users/freedom-states-alliance

Last edited:
Actually after looking at that opposing views site it's pretty good. Everyone should check it out. It sets up debates based around a pole and presents YES and NO sides and articles supporting both sides. I'll probably be spending some time on that site.

THe ones that I read are definately not unbiased stories and the questions are far from unbiased.

Like the question: Do guns make you feel safer?

That would depend on what side of it your on![smile]

Back
Top Bottom