• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vortex Strike Fire - opinions?

I have one and it works for my. Optic is clear and holds zero well.

Good deal with the BUIS are included.

FYI : There is a red dot and a red/green dot available

I have one on my AR and I like it. Like the others have said. they hold zero well.
Battery life is good, price point is good, and they have great customer service.

Keep in mind. This is NOT an Aimpoint. If I was to routinely use this in life-threatening situations I would
rethink my options. (Aimpoint/EOTech)

have the red / green dot on my only AR i built with group buy parts.

works for my needs, but i agree with pixelP, if it was for real life and death shooting i'd find the $400 or so needed for an aimpoint

I have a red/green dot Strikefire.

I did a LOT of research into similar sights. I trolled OpticsPlanet and lots of the other reseller sites, reading reviews and doing a shit-ton of price shopping.

I couldn't find a better deal than the Vortex. Includes the doubler for free. I've got mine zero'd in on my AR, and like it for fast follow-up shots. But I'll probably put the M-223 back on it for total accuracy.

I got a saddle mount picatinny rail for my shotgun, and plan to use the Strikefire for deer season too. With rifled slug barrel and good sabot slugs, I'll be a LOT more confident this year. I missed a doe high with three shots last year using open sites. No more.

I would recommend a primary arms red dot ovet the Strike fire due to the cost. The PA ones are as good or better at much lower cost. If you arent getting an Aimpoint go with primary arms. I have two of the MD06 PA MICRO rds with an American Defence mount and it is much better than the Vortex SPARC.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

The only primary arms red dot I ever had, the knob was pretty tough to turn.

For $70 you can get a Bushnell TRS-25 from Amazon, new. Add a UTG medium riser for like $8. If you're shopping in the bargain red dot category, that setup works very well.

I didn't see how much the magnification is. I know Nikon has a decent .223 specific 3x and 4x scope for around $120 or so.

1X for $199 doesn't work for me. My iron sights are 1X at no extra cost!

If I got something else, I would want it to make it easier to see what I'm aiming for, but that's just me.

1X for $199 doesn't work for me. My iron sights are 1X at no extra cost!

If I got something else, I would want it to make it easier to see what I'm aiming for, but that's just me.

You get up to 5000 hours of battery life, a range of intensity for the red/green dot from dim to full brightness, shock resistant, fog resistant, 2x screw-in magnifier, and the ability to add a killflash, with auto shut off after 8 hours. You get what you pay for. I also own an EOTECH and like that too, but I wouldn't put it on my AK.

Each to his own.

Back
Top Bottom