• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Virginia police say 6-year-old student shot teacher at Newport News elementary school

Some seriously F’d up stuff going on in 1st Grade…

“Administrators at a Virginia elementary school were warned three separate times that a 6-year-old student had a gun or was threatening people before he allegedly shot his teacher, an attorney said...

The attorney said Ms. Zwerner had told an administrator the boy was threatening to beat up another child. About an hour or so later, the attorney said, a second teacher told an administrator she had searched the boy’s bag and believed he had put the gun in his pocket before going to recess. A third teacher told administrators another student was crying because the suspected shooter had shown him the gun and threatened to shoot him if he told anyone, Ms. Toscano said. A fourth employee, Ms. Toscano said, asked an administrator if he could search the boy but was denied….

The family said their son was receiving treatment at a hospital since the shooting. They said he has an acute disability and was in a care plan at the school that included his parents accompanying him to class daily. The week the shooting happened was the first week they weren’t with him in class, the family said.

“We will regret our absence on this day for the rest of our lives,” the family said.“

Plus, Zwerner texted someone about the kid, making it very clear she'd heard he was armed, that she was very concerned, and that the administration was doing nothing.

An hour later, he shot her.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/105nkl3/a_mother_at_richneck_elementary_school_in/

The British Indian doesn't understand why oh why aren't guns banned in a house as soon as you pop out a kid?

1. She has two other countries she could return to if she really wanted.

2. Her disdain for the U.S. didn't stop her from popping out a new citizen while she and her husband are here.

3. Which military does her husband serve? U.K.? India? Some other? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that his IEP required one of his parents to accompany him throughout the school day, every day.

I've read and implemented a million IEPs as a parent and a teacher and I've never remotely heard of anything even half that invasive. And it's very hard for me to imagine a diagnosable condition that would require that kind of intervention.
I can not imagine how difficult it must be to teach with some kid's advocate parent in the room.

1. She has two other countries she could return to if she really wanted.

2. Her disdain for the U.S. didn't stop her from popping out a new citizen while she and her husband are here.

3. Which military does her husband serve? U.K.? India? Some other? Inquiring minds want to know.

Clear English accent though I'll never be able to see Pakistanis as English. Pretty soon the English will always have been brown skinned. 😥

She should MHOFB.

Did you ever even think a white kid would have a Taurus pistol? Come on man!!

[rofl] I thought it but didn't say it.

Last edited:
Plus, Zwerner texted someone about the kid, making it very clear she'd heard he was armed, that she was very concerned, and that the administration was doing nothing.

An hour later, he shot her.
So teacher didn't notice kid had Taurus in his pocket? How could a 6 yr old conceal pistol in pants?
🤨

So teacher didn't notice kid had Taurus in his pocket? How could a 6 yr old conceal pistol in pants?
🤨

I'm not sure Zwerner ever saw the gun itself until she was looking at the business end, but the point is there seem to have been no shortage of adults around the building who knew or thought the kid might be armed.

The speculation is that the kid hid the gun in his pocket when his bag was searched, but it wasn't Zwerner doing that. I think it was an administrator. And I don't get how you miss a Taurus in a pocket, either...

Just a HOST of screwups all around. She deserves to get paid and her administrators deserve to lose their jobs. That's a level of incompetence that's just inexplicable.

I'm not sure Zwerner ever saw the gun itself until she was looking at the business end, but the point is there seem to have been no shortage of adults around the building who knew or thought the kid might be armed.

The speculation is that the kid hid the gun in his pocket when his bag was searched, but it wasn't Zwerner doing that. I think it was an administrator. And I don't get how you miss a Taurus in a pocket, either...

Just a HOST of screwups all around. She deserves to get paid and her administrators deserve to lose their jobs. That's a level of incompetence that's just inexplicable.
Do we know what model the Taurus was? I have a hard time believing a 6 yr old could place a loaded pistol in his pants pocket and it wouldn't be obvious. I have a 6 yr old Grandson and if he placed a real gun in his pants pocket his pants would fall down.

I knew a woman, since deceased, who taught 3rd/4th grade in Springfield. She told us a kid in 3rd grade, one of her students, walked up to her desk, whipped his dick out and told her to suck it. Kid was sent to principal, and nothing happened except he was transferred to different classroom/ teacher. She said the little bastard used to smirk at her in the hallway.

The private school I went to, we had a huge kid, muscular in a way 8th graders shouldn't be, called my principal (she was also the 1-4 grade teacher) some bad name. Mrs. Hutchins grabbed him by the ear in a way only a Vulcan would appreciate, twisted that ear until the kid was screaming on his knees. Then she dragged him to the boiler room which had a lock on the outside. She tossed him in there and locked the door shut until his parents came and got him. We never saw that kid again. We need more like her. And more parents to sign discipline waivers.

Well, that's the trick, isn't it?

Was this in MA? There are parts of the country that still work according to the Mrs Hutchins System.
No, private school in NH. We had very effective disciplinarians in my school. Wash your mouth out with soap, whack you with a ruler or yardstick, slap you in the back of the head, drag you by your ear, make you stand next to the boiler, make you stand in the unheated hallway, make you run laps around the field, make you sit in the dummy corner, no lunch, or worse, call your parents.

Well, that's the trick, isn't it?

Was this in MA? There are parts of the country that still work according to the Mrs Hutchins System.
I went to St. Catherine's School in Norwood run by Sisters of St. Joseph and Xaverian Brother's in Westwood and I can attest to the ability of the good Sister's and Brother's to keep kids in line and to demonstrate to kids who decided to challenge authority what their fate was. Brother Mel was my math/geometry teacher Sophomore year and one day a kid in the back wasn't paying attention, talking to another kid and Brother Mel told him to knock it off and the kid said something under his breath and smirked. Brother Mel sprinted down the aisle, knocking desks and kids aside and when he reached the kid he flipped his desk knocking the kid to the floor with the desk on top of him. The kid was curled up in a ball whimpering and Brother Mel never touched him. It was a very impressive move. Kids these days have nothing to fear from the school system especially in the inner city.

I went to St. Catherine's School in Norwood run by Sisters of St. Joseph and Xaverian Brother's in Westwood and I can attest to the ability of the good Sister's and Brother's to keep kids in line and to demonstrate to kids who decided to challenge authority what their fate was. Brother Mel was my math/geometry teacher Sophomore year and one day a kid in the back wasn't paying attention, talking to another kid and Brother Mel told him to knock it off and the kid said something under his breath and smirked. Brother Mel sprinted down the aisle, knocking desks and kids aside and when he reached the kid he flipped his desk knocking the kid to the floor with the desk on top of him. The kid was curled up in a ball whimpering and Brother Mel never touched him. It was a very impressive move. Kids these days have nothing to fear from the school system especially in the inner city.
went to Don Bosco in Boston, early 70s. Teachers, priest and Brothers of the Salesians had no problem knocking the shit out of you. Our Spanish teacher, a beautiful woman, called out sick one day. Substitute teacher, who was actually our math teacher, comes in and tells us. A kid comments, 'Awesome, no spic today'. teacher calls him out to the corridor as the guy is taking off his huge college ring. All you could hear was this kid bouncing off the lockers.

My buddy was sitting in back of English class whispering to kid next to him while Brother was walking, strolling up and down aisle's lecturing about the subject and kept giving my buddy dirty looks like knock it off. Phil didn't take the hint and as Brother reached end of adjacent aisle he casually strolled up behind Phil and all you heard was "whack", he backhanded him, knocking his glasses across the room and opening a cut on the bridge of his nose and just kept walking up the aisle. Poor Phil had to sit there for the rest of the class with his nose bleeding and no glasses. End of class Phil picked up glasses, went to boys room to wash blood off nose and Brother never said a word to him. Brother was a little wimpy guy, never thought he had it in him. :oops:

The previously mentioned Brother Mel was deadly with an eraser and literally had eyes in the back of his head. When he was cleaning the blackboard with his back to class if you were screwing around, he would spin around 180 degrees and fire the eraser at your head. He usually was a dead shot and you would have to sit thru the rest of class with chalk dust all over your face/head. [rofl] He would smile at you for the rest of the class.

6 year old will not be charged with a crime for shooting his teacher. How can that possibly be? I'd be pissed if I was the teacher and they let that kid back in class.

6 year old will not be charged with a crime for shooting his teacher. How can that possibly be? I'd be pissed if I was the teacher and they let that kid back in class.

I doubt they let him back in class easily.

From the sound of Zwerner's lawsuit, a substantial number of faculty knew there would be a problem that day, and warned the administration. Not only does that make the lawsuit a slam-dunk, it also means that a decision to re-enroll that kid would lead to a mass exodus among the staff, with a lot of difficulty replacing them. They'll try very hard to keep him out.

I'm not surprised at the non-charge. If the law, as written, can't support a prosecution, then they shouldn't prosecute. It's easy to say they should change the law, but I'm not sure how best to do so: a bedrock legal principle is that the accused have to understand why they're being charged, and I can see how a SPED six-year-old might have legit problems with that.

I don't know what the fix is.

Six-year-olds shouldn’t be charged with crimes. They’re six. Your brain isn’t developed and you don’t have the cognitive abilities nor the knowledge to fully understand the consequences of your actions.

According to reports, the kid was a serious, violent psycho.
I'm sure he is, I read he also came up behind a teacher who was sitting down and put her in choke hold and an aide had to pull him off the teacher who was passing out.
:oops: The kid needs serious mental help, how can a 6 yr old be that violent? Either he came from a violent environment or he's seriously mentally ill and needs to be placed in a secure facility.

Six-year-olds shouldn’t be charged with crimes. They’re six. Your brain isn’t developed and you don’t have the cognitive abilities nor the knowledge to fully understand the consequences of your actions.
sounds like his brain isn't going to be developed at 18 either.............

Back
Top Bottom