Video - Guy Gets Shot While Trying to Take off-Duty Female Officer's Firearm

NHCraigT

NES Member
I commend her for not using more force. I would have liked to see her use more force though. Since it's Chicago, he can just mug her again next week.

I think when the media shows this type of video, they do it to generate sympathy for the criminals. This is the way it's supposed to be. Bad things should happen to people that do bad things, but instead, it's usually bad things happening to good people.

A day before Smith died, Cook County prosecutors approved felony charges against him, the arrest report shows. He faced counts of attempted robbery and aggravated battery, but the charges don’t appear in county court records.

Smith’s estate filed a lawsuit against the city and the officer on Feb. 3, pushing for a judgment of $10 million.

The officer, who isn’t named in the suit, allegedly used "excessive and violent physical force" and "knew or should have known that such force was not necessary in light of the circumstances," according to the complaint.

The suit claims that Smith’s "estate was diminished by virtue of the medical and funeral expenses that were incurred," adding that his family "suffered injuries as a result of his death, including, but not limited to, the loss of companionship and society, grief, sorrow and mental anguish."

<spit>

I wonder if she wasn't a cop what would happen to her given everything else being the same, probably a long and expensive defense
In MA, she’d be charged with murder.

If she was white she’d be charged with murder.

If she wasn’t a cop she’d be charged with murder.

If she was a conservative she’d be charged with murder.

Etc

Didnt render aid, yelling 'I'll kill you'. A non cop, especially a white male, would be going to jail. I like how they call it her 'off duty weapon'. Does CPD issue those or is that just a personal gun. I'm not a cop, can I call all my guns 'off duty guns'?

I commend her for not using more force. I would have liked to see her use more force though. Since it's Chicago, he can just mug her again next week.

Also, as a cop she should know anything you say can and will be used against you. After the shooting, other than call 911, she shouldn’t have said anything

You can see as she was walking back,and forth that she wanted to bust another cap into his ass.

Back
Top Bottom