• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Victorian Farm in Amazon

peterk123

NES Member
Three people spend a year living the way they did in the later 1800s in England. I could not stop watching this series. Damn, the people back then were tough. Some really neat stuff though. There is a follow up series as well where they go back for a month and prepare for christmas. Cool stuff. Oh, and electricity is awesome; they did not have it. This is next level homesteading. Pete

This sound similar to the PBS series Frontier House. Three families were each given a plot of land in Montana to homestead. They had to do everything with 1800's technology.
I enjoyed the series.

There were a bunch of PBS and BBC shows on the theme.

Frontier House, Edwardian Country House, Colonial House, Coal House, Coal House at War, 1940s House, 1900 House, 1900 Island, Texas Ranch House, Edwardian Farm, Wartime Farm, Victorian Farm, Tudor Monastery Farm, possibly some others.

And we freak out if the power goes out for an hour.

This sound similar to the PBS series Frontier House. Three families were each given a plot of land in Montana to homestead. They had to do everything with 1800's technology.
I enjoyed the series.
Yes I remember the series, I enjoyed it though I was a bit disappointed in the bellyaching some of the people did. They accepted the challenge and then proceeded to complain for most of the show.

Yes I remember the series, I enjoyed it though I was a bit disappointed in the bellyaching some of the people did. They accepted the challenge and then proceeded to complain for most of the show.

I found Frontier House on Youtube. I'm having a tough time getting through this one. I agree with the bellyaching.

I found Frontier House on Youtube. I'm having a tough time getting through this one. I agree with the bellyaching.

IIRC at one point "Dad" goes to see a modern doctor because he was losing too much weight or something, thought he had cancer. Doc told him, nope. You're just in good physical condition for the first time in your life.

IIRC at one point "Dad" goes to see a modern doctor because he was losing too much weight or something, thought he had cancer. Doc told him, nope. You're just in good physical condition for the first time in your life.

There's nothing like chopping wood shirtless to get the juices flowing.

....or so I've heard. :)

Modern life ----> blobby manatee man. Speaking for myself only, of course. YMMV.

If I remember “Dad” snuck in a modern mattress. He paid off the film crew to keep it quiet.

“Dad” was a little bitch.

There was also a show called Stone Age house or something. Total shit show. Bunch of old hippies. First night they undercook the chicken and make everyone sick. All the families had to leave because their kids got too sick. Good study on why SJW’s will f everything up.

If I remember “Dad” snuck in a modern mattress. He paid off the film crew to keep it quiet.

“Dad” was a little bitch.

There was also a show called Stone Age house or something. Total shit show. Bunch of old hippies. First night they undercook the chicken and make everyone sick. All the families had to leave because their kids got too sick. Good study on why SJW’s will f everything up.

I think I remember the mattress! [laugh]

I don't see anything like stone age house on imdb though. Maybe some other name?

Back
Top Bottom