• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vermont Learns Police Can’t Conduct NICS Checks…AFTER Passing Bill

So what happens until they fix this? Have they effectively banned private sales?

Don’t fool yourselves. The gun controllers in VT knew that this is exactly what would happen.

Watch them propose a new bill to “fix” this one, which among other things will probably try for registration, since without registration such a system is completely unenforceable anyway.

I think that I have heard this somewhere before.......

NancyPelosi2.jpg

So what happens until they fix this? Have they effectively banned private sales?

As before, you go to a FFL and pay whatever it is they want to charge if you want your background check on the buyer.

But wait! Since the gun gets logged into the FFL’s bound book, if the buyer doesn’t pass the check the FFL technically has to do a check on the seller before giving it back.

curb you background checks...... [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] Bloombergs retards in Colorado fell into a worse version of the same trap..... [rofl]

Don’t fool yourselves. The gun controllers in VT knew that this is exactly what would happen.

Watch them propose a new bill to “fix” this one, which among other things will probably try for registration, since without registration such a system is completely unenforceable anyway.

There is no way to easily fix it, feds will not allow a state entity to use NICS for their own garbage WRT "private" transfers. It's for FFL use only in the course of business. They would have to force all transfers through dealers.... so if they want to reroll this law, they're going to be forced to go full retard and not have a fudd friendly option.

Colorado tried to do the same thing and the AG nullified the law because the feds would not allow the system to be used that way.

-Mike

I wonder how this works in NH where the state pd do checks for handgun sales which presumably includes a NICS check. Or is the dealer submitting both a NICS and a state check separately?

I wonder how this works in NH where the state pd do checks for handgun sales which presumably includes a NICS check. Or is the dealer submitting both a NICS and a state check separately?
NHSP is authorized under the Brady Bill, since they serve as the Point Of Contact, and their checks end up going through NCIC's anyway.

Currently absolutely nothing, because NH doesnt have a stupid law that tries to facilitate UBC via NICS.

-Mike

There is no way to easily fix it, feds will not allow a state entity to use NICS for their own garbage WRT "private" transfers. It's for FFL use only in the course of business. They would have to force all transfers through dealers.... so if they want to reroll this law, they're going to be forced to go full retard and not have a fudd friendly option.

Colorado tried to do the same thing and the AG nullified the law because the feds would not allow the system to be used that way.

-Mike

I wouldn’t count on anyone presently in power in VT doing similar. The governor is a traitor, and a majority of the legislature are originally from states where gun control isn’t a hobby, but a passion.

I wouldn’t count on anyone presently in power in VT doing similar. The governor is a traitor, and a majority of the legislature are originally from states where gun control isn’t a hobby, but a passion.

I agree, but this is a big pie in the face moment for the antis, and now they have to go back and push another bill, without all the fudd pacifier business in it. The only way they will get what they want is if they completely outlaw private transfers. Even if they succeed, in the long run its a huge blow because it can be used as evidence that they will "take more than what was agreed to" etc.

-Mike

I agree, but this is a big pie in the face moment for the antis, and now they have to go back and push another bill, without all the fudd pacifier business in it. The only way they will get what they want is if they completely outlaw private transfers. Even if they succeed, in the long run its a huge blow because it can be used as evidence that they will "take more than what was agreed to" etc.

-Mike

For it to be a "pie in the face moment" for them, it would require that they first care that they've been outed. I somehow doubt that any of them will actually care that much.

Well, they didn't think that through. What else is new. Ooopps for sure.

What makes you think this is an ooopps moment for the antis? I would wager they knew this all along and will shortly be "fixing" this by introducing legislation that will ban all F2F sales and establish a gun registry.

But dont sorry, it is okay beacuse it's all for the children :rolleyes:[rofl][rofl2]

What makes you think this is an ooopps moment for the antis? I would wager they knew this all along and will shortly be "fixing" this by introducing legislation that will ban all F2F sales and establish a gun registry.

But dont sorry, it is okay beacuse it's all for the children :rolleyes:[rofl][rofl2]

Plausible.

-Mike

Correct.

Congressional leaders not thinking things through before writing a bill???????

Next you'll tell me some dolt in the House filed a bill to eliminate the Electoral College. Because Butthurtzzzz.

Oh wait. That already happened.

For a very long time, gun control was the “third rail” of Vermont politics... touch it and you’ll get zapped. The most recent election results would strongly suggest that this is no longer true. The traitorous governor won his primary with about 2/3rds of the vote. Plenty of pro-freedom candidates didn’t get elected, or didn’t succeed in primary challenges.

Herrick sounds like a real piece of work. People aren't complying with the law, but they are trying to. Which the state, in it's brilliancy, has made impossible.

When is Vermont going to secede and become part of Canada? Soon, I hope.

Herrick sounds like a real piece of work. People aren't complying with the law, but they are trying to. Which the state, in it's brilliancy, has made impossible.

When is Vermont going to secede and become part of Canada? Soon, I hope.
They’ve actually been a part of Canada for many years, at least since the mid-1970s when all the draft dodgers came back across the border after fleeing to Canada to avoid serving in Vietnam.

As before, you go to a FFL and pay whatever it is they want to charge if you want your background check on the buyer.

But wait! Since the gun gets logged into the FFL’s bound book, if the buyer doesn’t pass the check the FFL technically has to do a check on the seller before giving it back.

Not actually the case. When facilitating an in-person private party transfer where the seller is not leaving the gun in the possession of the FFL, the FFL does not have to log the gun into their bound book before performing the NICS check on the recipient. If the NICS check is denied, the FFL still has to retain the 4473 (with Question 32 checked to indicate that the NICS check was for a private party transfer), but they do not have to put an entry into their bound book, and the person who came in with the gun can leave with it. This is one of the rare cases where an FFL will have a 4473 that doesn't correspond to an entry in their bound book.

See ATF Procedure 2013-1 if you want all the gory details.

Back
Top Bottom