USPSA @ New Bedford - SATURDAY 4/23

First match of the year is this SATURDAY (to avoid Easter on Sunday).

Usual 5 stages, including a classifier. Registration starts at 9am, shooters meeting at 9:25am and first caps at 9:30am.

Directions to the club and range: http://rodgun-nb.org/directions.htm

We're always interested in new folks getting involved, both new shooters to the sport as well as people wanting to get involved in helping with the match. New shooters are always welcome.

See you all on Saturday!

Anyone going to this match have an extra G17 mag that I can borrow for the day? I have 4 and have been trying to buy another drop free mag but haven't had any luck so far. Or if anyone has a drop free preban mag to sell, let me know. Thanks!

If you have any of the old mags they sometimes can be made to drop free by polishing them with car wax. Also, keep them empty at all times as they will swell under the spring tension of a full load.

Hi Steve,

Yes, that would be great. I have 4 mags, so I would only need to borrow one. Should I text you when I get there and then we can find a place to meet up?
Btw, your in box is full.

Chi-Ho

If things were to be cancelled, there would be a posting here, on the club's website, and on the NorthEast Section website. I would try to have such a post by 7:30am. We hardly ever cancel a match, so unless things are really bad, we should still be shooting.

Just got home. Still soaked to the bone :( .... but it was a good day of shooting! I had a lot of fun and i think i did pretty good for my first time out. only 2 procedurals (stay in the box stay in the box), i think i only had 2 misses the whole match. Noob mistake, shot once reloaded and forgot to re-engage the same target.
Everyone there was xtremley helpful and treated a first timer awesome. I was in the squad starting way at the back. Scott was the man running things i believe.
Thanks to everyone there, it was a great time!
(Ink was the guy with the little stuffed rabbit named "dinner" hanging out of his range bag)

Just got home. Still soaked to the bone :( .... but it was a good day of shooting! I had a lot of fun and i think i did pretty good for my first time out. only 2 procedurals (stay in the box stay in the box), i think i only had 2 misses the whole match. Noob mistake, shot once reloaded and forgot to re-engage the same target.
Everyone there was xtremley helpful and treated a first timer awesome. I was in the squad starting way at the back. Scott was the man running things i believe.
Thanks to everyone there, it was a great time!
(Ink was the guy with the little stuffed rabbit named "dinner" hanging out of his range bag)

Welcome to the addiction!, see you at Bass River next week![smile]

I think I may have zeroed the classifier and stage 1. To be fair, I couldn't feel my hands by the time we got to Stage 1.

Results posted: http://www.uspsa-ne.org/results/20110423_newbedford.txt

Thanks for joining us for the nice weather today (I'm going to keep telling myself it was nice - despite what Mother Nature says). There was a set of gloves left at the range - you can pick them up at the next match. Also, someone reported a missing .45 single stack 8 round mag (Wilson mag). Please let me know if you find an extra one in your range bag.

Hopefully the new covers the club is building will be ready for the next match (to keep the sun off of us I hope).

Yep, it was a lot of fun. Hoping to make at least one more New Bedford match before I move down to VA - always a good time.

Back
Top Bottom