USPSA Match -- Manville, RI 6/18

Come see what all the fuss is about...

Manville Sportsman's Club
High St., Manville, RI 02838
Starting Time: 9:30AM Squadded
Contact: Paul Taylor (401) 828-7132 (1-8pm weekdays, all day weekends)
Map and Directions: Take Rt 95 south to Rt 295 south to Rt146 north. Take right at traffic light, towards Manville. Proceed approximately 1 mile to High St. on the right. Entrance is between stone pillars, club is at the end of High St.

$15 and about 200 rounds

It's fathers day and I just found out my dad is sick so I prob. have to skip this one. I'll keep ya posted.

Pete

Count me in,
I have to get back on the horse I fell off of at A7
PS
Psycho grasshopper, please remember my barrel............

9x21 what else?

I won't be there... :*( We are having a fathers day party for my dad. Just found out he has Cancer so no skipping this one. Have fun everyone and shoot some A's for me...

Pete

Sorry to hear about your dad, I wish him the best of luck!

Respectfully,

jkelly

Thanks I really appreciate it. He just found out about it on Wed. so he has a ton of test to go thru before we really know how bad it is. Hopefully he'll be OK. Thanks for all the support it means a lot to me.

Anyways, sorry for the downer but have fun on Sunday... I'll be jealous.

Pete, I too am sorry to hear about your Dad. My wife is an Oncology nurse with over 20 years in the field. If you need answers to things or any kind of info. Please feel free to ask. We'd be glad to help in any way.

I wont be at the match either..Still aint walkin too great!

As alway the match was great, as always, Manville puts on top quality matches.

On a personal note: Thanks everyone for the card. It was real nice that everyone signed it.

It was rather warm. Thanks to Andy for providing some shade.

PMD, stage 1 in 6 seconds? Did you skip the reload too? Also, it looks like you have a new classification card coming. Have fun in with Hammer in A class.

GTOShootr said:
It was rather warm. Thanks to Andy for providing some shade.

PMD, stage 1 in 6 seconds? Did you skip the reload too? Also, it looks like you have a new classification card coming. Have fun in with Hammer in A class.

GTOShootr,
The penalty was a miss on the last target.
You can tell I am still green at IPSC - I never even thought about skipping the reload (you gammers...) - now I wish I did as it could have been a better time.

The new card is not in the mail yet - I still have a chance to lower my % at Westfield [smile]

Wow. That was fast (2 shots on 8 targets with a reload in 6.06 seconds).

Skipping the reload was the way to game it according to the gods of gaming but Scott did the reload and still won the stage in Limited. Go figure [rolleyes]

Last edited:
I got shoot with Scott in my squad, Unfortunately he shot after me on every stage but the last, so all the tips I picked up were after I shot. It great to see how a stage should be shot by someone that really knows what they are doing.

And on the dumbass more of the match, I dropped an unloaded gun while doing my finally walk through. I didn't have the lock all the ways up. [angry]

it was on the last stage and I was the last shooter, so everyone got to stand out in the sun alittle longer while I cleaned the sand out of my gun[rolleyes]

It is a Hogue speed holster. The lock has 3 setting

the lock must have gotten caugh on the trigger guard some how and only was on the 2nd securiest, or the gun moved the lock when I was running

I haven't been able to recreate the problem. So I make sure I either don't run with the gun in the holster or will keep my hand on it when I do

GTOShootr said:
Also, you and your 10 round mags beat me with my 20 rounders. [wink]

Well thats your fault[smile] , because of all your tips and suggestions, I have actually started to figure this shooting thing out[smile]

Thats what I like about this sport, from day one everyone has been so helpful, everyone wants to help get a shooter to the next level

Last edited:
Supermoto said:
Well thats your fault[smile] , because of all your tips and suggestions, I have actually started to figure this shooting thing out[smile]

Good (remind what those tips were again... please). I was actually really happy with my hits and how I was seeing the old front sight, I was shooting real crappy the day before. I'm shooting the IDPA next week and I really needed a tune up with the iron sights. You can always count on Paul's no-shoots to cure a fear of head shots.

Get a CR speed or Ghost holster when you get the gun. Read up on Hogues on BE.

Last edited:
GTOShootr said:
. You can always count on Paul's no-shoots to cure a fear of head shots.

On the qualifier, I tried to shoot between the no shoots, tagged a NS right on the perf. Luckly I got 2As and a NS without the mike, That little 1/8" miss cost me a drop from a mid B to high C

Frank M came up to right after said to shoot for the head, even if you miss, you ateast avoid the NS penalty

Last edited:
Dropping an unloaded pistol out of your holster is not a DQ as long as you call an RO over. They move everyone back, the RO picks up the gun, confirm that it is unloaded and clear, and then the shooter reholsters. If you pick it up on your own, it is a DQ because you handled your gun without being at the safe table or at the line under RO supervision.

Silly old man needs to go to RO school. [laugh]

Well..things change over a course of 20 some odd years.......I was just curious about that. I stand corrected. Thanks for the RO lesson....LOL

Silly? Old man?.............why I oughta....yeah..your right............

Steve,
Silly old men can't keep up with the kids now playing the game. Not to mention we can't remember all the new rules, only the old ones. The best we can do is reminisce.

It is a probably a ruling that evolved along with the newer "retention devices" that somehow are still called holsters. You guys didn't need it as much with that leather stuff you used to use.

(playing on MySpace doesn't take away the "old man" part!)

Back
Top Bottom