USPSA info??

To the OP if you want a good idea and have time tomorrow there is a USPSA style match at Independent Sportsmen in Foxboro tomorrow AM. New shooters are welcome. Don't come to watch, bring your gear and a couple hundred rounds and play. You will be hooked.

These are great match for new and experienced shooters. It was my first match when I started. I was amazed at how well 38supermatt could shoot. The next day I shot AFS and about 4 months later someone handed me an open gun. Its all been a brass flyin', money spendin' blur since then

These are great match for new and experienced shooters. It was my first match when I started. I was amazed at how well 38supermatt could shoot. The next day I shot AFS and about 4 months later someone handed me an open gun. Its all been a brass flyin', money spendin' blur since then

Oh man, ain't that the truth.

Come on out JenLynn (and bring trav too), you guys will definitely have a great time! Production or single-stack is a great place to start with stock type guns..... or you can save yourself the time and drop the coin on a crazy, tricked out open gun now and be done with it.....[smile]. Ok, disregard that last part...for now. [wink]

If you are free sunday, come check out the match at AFS. I don't know if there are slots left to shoot, but you could at least see what's going on.

Steve

USPSA loves new shooters! Especially women! How will the sport continue if we don't constantly get 'new blood'? You won't meet a greater group of people anywhere. My friends and I used to be known as the 3 Amigas. Now I think we're the 5 or maybe 6 Amigas. Come and join our group! It used to take me 10 minutes to clean 3 or 4 plates! And when I finally did, I got an 'a-iiiiiiiighttttt Donna!' Was never made to feel like I was holding things up.

Some folks still get our names mixed up (I'll mention no names Bob) but we still get a smile when we show up.

Donna

Jenn-
Just come out and have fun! Skip watching- if you have already shot IDPA you will absolutely have no problem adjusting to this game. It's not about performance, its about safety and fun. I think you will find that you will be your own toughest critic as time goes on.

I can see how new shooters may be intimidated by some of the fancy equipment used in some of the divisions. I guarantee, if you reach out and ask questions or ask for help you will be met with enthusiastic responses from just about 98% of the experienced USPSA shooters no matter how fancy they may look. [wink] I have met many, many people over the years that I honestly look forward to seeing and hanging out with at the matches.

Remember, your gear dictates your division so are competing against other shooters with like equipment. It is a common misconception that you must have all the fancy gear to be able to compete in USPSA. As we all say... the prize money is the same for first place as it is for last.

I love this particular game and I think you will too. Like many others, I started simple testing the waters in production and now I'm broke shooting limited! But I'm going back to my roots real soon! [wink]

P.S. Stay away from the infamous Amigas - there nuthin but trouble! [laugh]

Last edited:
So if you do come to shoot USPSA just remember it's a game and you'll lose all that valuable tactical training and insight you get from IDPA. In fact what you learn shooting USPSA will probably kill you.[devil2]

So if you do come to shoot USPSA just remember it's a game and you'll lose all that valuable tactical training and insight you get from IDPA. In fact what you learn shooting USPSA will probably kill you.[devil2]

I don't know about you USPSA people... [rolleyes] You must be jealous of our attire.

Not to mention all those tickets for littering when you leave all those halfj-filled magazines behind you......

So Jenlynn, was that you I saw with Gary watching the match Saturday? If so, I'm sure some of those misconceptions were cleared up.

You can meet some of the nicest people in a sand pit on a weekend.

Negative, that was another potential new shooter

Good show, Keep up the good work. I suggested the United States Practical Shooting Association Safe Handgun Competitor Course Massachusetts Edition, Hopkinton, MA March 20-21, 2010 to a couple of shooters who want all the info they need to feel comfortable shooting their first real USPSA match. Anyone interested can contact myself or Rob Boudrie for full details.

Michael Chludenski.

I need to check out a match. The rifle match at harvard was fun, and I'm getting a little tired of the low round counts of IDPA.

Skol, we'll be glad to have you and you don't have to give up any other shooting sports.

Come on down.

Michael.

Shoot every sport you can. Trigger time is trigger time. You will gravitate to your favorite over time but what you like may not be what I like. That makes no difference. Check the Independent web site and see when the next action pistol match is. if you are used to IDPA, bring more mags and mag holders, speed loaders, moon clips whatever. You will need them [grin]

If you're looking to try USPSA you are in luck. You have a range in your area; the Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford. We shoot the 4th Sunday of every month - April through November. Our schedule is here:

http://www.uspsa-ne.org/matches.asp

If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me. You and your husband would be more than welcome to be my guest at the range so I could give you a rundown of the match rules and procedures.

ScottB

Last edited:
Shoot every sport you can. Trigger time is trigger time. You will gravitate to your favorite over time but what you like may not be what I like. That makes no difference. Check the Independent web site and see when the next action pistol match is. if you are used to IDPA, bring more mags and mag holders, speed loaders, moon clips whatever. You will need them [grin]

Well said Gary. The fact is that when the weather breaks we have more action shooting options that you can imagine within an hour or two. I like to play both as much as I can. And if I'm feeling the need to look good when I'm shooting- I'll throw on a vest and go shoot some IDPA. If I just want to feel free to shoot as I desire USPSA can't be beat.

Well said Gary. The fact is that when the weather breaks we have more action shooting options that you can imagine within an hour or two. I like to play both as much as I can. And if I'm feeling the need to look good when I'm shooting- I'll throw on a vest and go shoot some IDPA. If I just want to feel free to shoot as I desire USPSA can't be beat.

When I want to feel free I wear my Kilt[shocked]

DSC00725.jpg

All known shoots are listed on the 2010 Competition Calendar which can be found here on NES under "Competition General".
Here is a link to the calendar:
http://ical.mac.com/wmccurdy53/2010 Shoots

I'm new to NES. Jenlynn, I have been shooting both USPSA and IDPA for years and never once have had anyone make a new shooter feel uncomfortable including when I first started in 93. Hope to see you at the matches. Mike

Back
Top Bottom