USPSA Bass River 9-2

Oh yeah, I wish I shot that differently. To be honest, my original plan was to start drawing at "are you ready?" and leave one or two steel up. However, I changed at the last minute and decided to draw after the beep and knock all the steel down.

GTOShootr

What you should've done was lock your holster when the RO goes down range to tape untaped targets, then draw on 'are you ready...' then 'yank on it' really hard, then stop yanking and unlock the holster, and then and only then, leave one or two steel up (but have a really fast reload ).

oh yeah, you should always lock your holster, cuz steve and mike would hate it if your gun just magically lifted itself up and shot me while i was taping the targets that steve and mike hadnt
(you're not whining are you? the scores aren't done, so I could always send an email that says we forgot to write down your whining procedural)

oh yeah, you should always lock your holster, cuz steve and mike would hate it if your gun just magically lifted itself up and shot me while i was taping the targets that steve and mike hadnt

When you were yelling at me to tape, I thought you meant with the video camera[wink] I'll never make master level taper now.

Mike,

I forgot to thank you for not letting the video linger on my little error(s) on that stage [rolleyes].

Matt,

I've got some PVC cement in the shed. I'll bring it with me next time [grin].

Yeah, you saw Greg with a high cap bottom feeder (I call it my High-cap plastic wondergun)- and Chris T. with my regular revolver.....and Gary with an open revolver. Wonders will never cease :)

Thanks for a GREAT match, and one I'll always remember, my first stage win (combined divisions).

See you all in Manville in a couple weeks.

-Greg

Took the 2 poppers from the box, actually, took one (the right one), went to leave, threw myself back in (cost me a half a second or more, I was actually fully on my leading foot outside the box...), took the second (the left one)...stepped out and with one foot in the air took the 2 left targets L to R, stepped and took the right 2 SHO L to R while punching the top of the doorwith my left hand. Took the 4 poppers R to L, all around the R side of the NS, last one SHO while turning knob,kneed the door open as the latch let go, went to the L of the low target and got off 3 shots on it SHO, reloaded, and then went to L barricade and pointshot both targets (down 0), hauled arse faster than I though possible to the right ones and point shot them L to R (down 0).

I was really focused on just letting the shots happen, and saw it all from a third person perspective after I was done. Really kinda blew my mind....I lost a few pounds, but I really didn't know I could move that fast. I'll have to try to apply myself more often. Things happen a LOT faster when not shooting Limited 6 (round).

Interesting way to run the stage, obviously worked very well for you.

But if you were opening the top door while shooting SHO on the right targets, how did you shoot the closest target without breaking the 180?

IIRC, I got the targets as I went to the door, reaching out with L hand. RO was right there, and I didn't get a warning or DQ myself, so I must have done it in a safe manner- wish I remember EXACTLY what hand was where and when- but that's the order I shot them in, even if I don't get the motions in the 100% proper order when I think it through now (it's been a rough week).
Do you have pics or video of that stage? Maybe that'll get the brain flowing again- but that's the order I engaged them nonetheless.
I think that a picture camera will be in my bag of goodies soon...a good tool for ideas, etc.

I am going to try to bring my video camera to Manville for a "video greeting card" for Paul, unless anyone objects? It's an older Hi-8 model, so anyone should be able to stroll up and shoot a little "Hi" for themselves, maybe off to the side during registration? Thoughts?

Interesting way to run the stage, obviously worked very well for you.

But if you were opening the top door while shooting SHO on the right targets, how did you shoot the closest target without breaking the 180?

He shot the close target just out of the box and right after the two on the left. Second target was strong hand only IIRC

Back
Top Bottom