USPSA Area 7/AWARE Match

One of the best USPSA matches in the country is in VT, only about 4 hours from Boston.

http://www.area7aware.com/

If you have the USPSA bug, this is the one to go to. Every stage is a work of art and a blast to shoot. The squadding is online so you can find a group with people you know. It is a one day format and location make it very family friendly.

I want to go pretty badly but I am not sure if I can make it work. Are there hotel rooms available? I remember hearing that they are booked up for the match a year in advance.

There are many places to stay in Stowe and the surrounding area. Even if the "match hotel" fills up, there are other options. In fact, I doubt my crew's designated hotel room finder has gotten them yet.

One of the best USPSA matches in the country is in VT, only about 4 hours from Boston.

http://www.area7aware.com/

If you have the USPSA bug, this is the one to go to. Every stage is a work of art and a blast to shoot. The squadding is online so you can find a group with people you know. It is a one day format and location make it very family friendly.

Absolutely! The stage design alone is worth the price of admission.

Ice cream freaks can also make a slight detour to Ben & Jerry's factory. Rabid anti-gunners, though.

Although the match hotel may fill, this is the Stowe area and summer isn't exactly the high season. The match has not sold out when it was the AWARE, however, there will no doubt be higher demand (not sure how much though) this year since it's also the Area 7.

Note the term "One day format", not "All day format". The squad sizes are NOT double the side you see in a half day. Currently, the plan is 9 squads of 8 each per day - remember last years Area 7 in NY did two sets 10 squads of 8 opn Saturday for their "half day" format. The single day format means the match won't be under intense time pressure, since there is no need to clear out for the next squad. My guess is an early to mid afternoon finish, with time for lunch during your shoot time.

Are there hotel rooms available? I remember hearing that they are booked up for the match a year in advance.

You must have heard that from someone who has never gone.
We get our rooms a week or two before the match.

Rob- I hope you don't mean there is a break in shooting time for lunch. We can eat when we finish shooting, we're not cowboys. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Rob- I hope you don't mean there is a break in shooting time for lunch. We can eat when we finish shooting, we're not cowboys. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Matt - you KNOW better than that! Lunch is grabbed on the fly, waiting between stages. That's how it's been done the last 2 years, anyway.

Kinda tough on the staff, though.

You must have heard that from someone who has never gone.
We get our rooms a week or two before the match.

It's more like "make your own break" - without the pressure to make sure you don't waste so much as a single minute in doing so.

Why in the application do they say 8/3 8/4 8/5 and 8/6 for the dates when selecting your squad?

Sad! All the people I know are in full squads! :-(
There are also only three single stack shooters. Improves my odds of having a nice looking ranking. I am going to go for it anyways. I just have to see if I am able to guarantee work won't interfere.

Sad! All the people I know are in full squads! :-(
There are also only three single stack shooters. Improves my odds of having a nice looking ranking. I am going to go for it anyways. I just have to see if I am able to guarantee work won't interfere.

First AWARE match I shot I knew no one on my squad at the beginning of the match. Now I see those same guys at various places and they are like long lost friends.

Go to the match, bring plenty of ammo and spare mags, plan to have a good time and I can guaranty you will. Wish I could go this year, but it is not going to happen.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom