USPSA 7-15 Manville

Thanks Mike
We actually had more than the usual amount of help this morning, that was nice.
Scores are up, they took longer than usual as I came across a problem with the system.
Apparently if you have two shooters with identical names, it insists they are re-entries in the match, and will not include the re-entry in the results. I had to score this person manually and then go in and add him in each line in his division, total all his scores, add him in to the final results, and then do this again in the overall, stages, then finals.
Oh so much fun.
You would think the system would sort him by membership number so it wouldn't insist that the two Chris Martins are actually the same person.
It also wouldn't let me delete either from the match, and enter his name backwards with his correct uspsa number to trick the program into taking it.

Matt... Thanks for the time and effort to get the scores up tonight

I definately learned a few things at the match.

It would have been alot faster to shoot from inside the bunker, than trying to get out the tiny opening. especially with the time it took for me to get my other mag in the pouch, but man that roof was low

Stage 2.. I would have had a higher HF if I took the mike instead of doing the reload when the gun ran dry... or I could just hit the steel first shot like I should be, or topped off my mag

It would have been alot faster to shoot from inside the bunker, than trying to get out the tiny opening. especially with the time it took for me to get my other mag in the pouch, but man that roof was low

There were several ways a shooter could choose to shoot the bunker stage. One thing I took from The Hired Gun Seminar, thank you Scott, was to assess each stage according to my ability. I would have had to slightly stoop to take shots from inside the bunker. I thought I would not shoot as well stooping as I would if I was standing straight. On the buzzer, I put my mag in my belt, I didn't take a spare, loaded my pistol and shot the steel, two shots to knock it down and headed for the right exit. As fast as I could, I picked up the targets on the right and shot them right to left. I thought about moving but thought again about my ability level and thought I best stay put. It turned out to be my best stage.

Back
Top Bottom