Updated Den 2.0

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Pulled down the jury rigged rack system for the antiques in my den/office/man cave. Installed two Rush Creek 5-gun racks - $30 each on Amazon. Took some fussing and shimming with blocks of wood to allow the rifles to clear the window sill. Squeezed the Kar88 in between the racks. This leaves me two more spaces for future acquisitions; one of which will be an American Krag <1898.

T

Last edited:
How are you securing them? I'd like to display a rifle or two in the house, but my understaning (perhaps incorrect) is that we're required to lock them away, use trigger locks, etc.

Antiques are exempt.

Each corner has a 4 inch screw through a drywall mount into the wall.

T

Top to bottom: 1849, 1861, 1892, 1880, 1892, 1893, 1892, 1890, 1883.

Last edited:
1899 in MA

The provisions of sections 122 to 129D, inclusive, and sections 131, 131A, 131B and 131E shall not apply to:

(A) any firearm, rifle or shotgun manufactured in or prior to the year 1899;

(B) any replica of any firearm, rifle or shotgun described in clause (A) if such replica: (i) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition; or (ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade; and (C)

T

It looks like a bomb has gone off in the den: 2/3 painted and I'm starting to put things back. Painting should be done this week. New curtains and rods.

T

Den 2.0. Cleaned, painted, new curtains, a new 7-place gun rack, and the three new framed Liberty Bonds. The blank on the large rack is for the 1862 Enfield that's having a new rear sight silver soldered on.

Today summer ends. After I cut the grass tomorrow, I put on my teacher hat and start getting ready for September. [sad]

T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom