Unopened crate of 7.62x56? Updated: Post #1

System6ix

NES Member
Hello all. I was just given an unopened case of what is labeled as 7.62x56. However I have no idea what the hell it fits. Any ideas? Below is a picture of the only markings on the box. Thanks!

762.JPG

UPDATE:
Well you all were right, I opened it up and it has two tins in each box. I also noticed that on each crate it also has KFS POLY CHINA on the crate…whatever that means.

Also worth noting is the bottom crate feels significantly heavier. I'd guess there's different ammo in it, but can't read the cans as the printing has faded so much.

kfs-poly.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. As always you guys are a wealth of knowledge! I have no idea what the hell I'll do with it, but it's certainly interesting nonetheless.

What you've got there is a nosebag for a sloppy, ugly SKS.

If I was you I'd pop over the border and snag the most hideously beat to piss SKS you can find, and some tax free wallyworld ultra-jumbo jugs of offbrand cleaners (ammonia, dishsoap, household oil). For a couple hundred bucks TOTAL you'll do a lot of shooting and eventually learn how to strip an SKS blindfolded with one hand.

Back
Top Bottom