UMC Ammo on sale by Dick's

JackO

Instructor
Dick's is selling Winchester centerfire ammo made by UMC (Union Metallic Cartridge Company). I'm a little confused by their marking. For example, 9mm ammo is marked as follows:

L9MM3
9MM Luger 115gr MC

Does anybody know what "MC" really means? The bullets look like they are copper metal jacketed. I even tried to scratch copper on one of them to make sure it's a copper jacket, not plating.

So does "MC" means full metal jacketed, metal jacketed (no jacket in the back of the bullet) or anything else?

Not sure what the "MC" stands for, but I've found this to be good, reliable plinking & training ammo. It seems like it's on sale every weekend - might as well just assume the "sale" price to be the regular price, and they mark it up midweek.

I actually think MC stands for metal cover... no idea why they can just stick with what exists already... between FMJ, TMJ, etc. it gets darn confusing.

as long as it aint corrosive and it goes bang i dont care what mc stands for...i buy 1k rounds per week of the stuff and love it!

TRUE, but if you shoot a lot indoors it helps if you know if the lead is fully encapsulated with copper or not. I don't need anymore lead than necessary. [wink]

Dick's is selling Winchester centerfire ammo made by UMC (Union Metallic Cartridge Company). I'm a little confused by their marking. For example, 9mm ammo is marked as follows:

L9MM3
9MM Luger 115gr MC

Does anybody know what "MC" really means? The bullets look like they are copper metal jacketed. I even tried to scratch copper on one of them to make sure it's a copper jacket, not plating.

So does "MC" means full metal jacketed, metal jacketed (no jacket in the back of the bullet) or anything else?

Isn't UMC Remington (vs. Winchester)?

Stopped at Dick's in Manchester, NH yesterday for ammo.

NO 9mm, only 8 boxes of .45! No sale. Next closest Dick's (to Nashua, as we were on the way home) was in Leominster, MA (?) according to the Dick's 800 number.

Whoops, scratch that . . . it was in Concord, 295 Louden Road.

I think they got wiped out as folks left the gun show and bought their ammo cheaper just down the street at Dick's!!

Sorry, we were bouncing between Merrimack, Manchester (where we stayed for 5 days) and Concord like a yo-yo. I thought to ask the toll taker on I-93 if she was going to miss me as we were going thru the tolls for the last time last night.

Well, it seems that Dick's is trying to make up their losses from those that bought a case for the price of a single box!

I went to Dick's in North Attleboro yesterday and picked up a case of 9mm and a case of .45ACP.

Clerk at the Lodge coulda chewed my ear off for another 30 minutes easy. Check-out clerk was very nice, but their cash register system is about 10 years behind the times in programming.

She said that the system won't let her put in "qty =10" for an item, so she has to ring each box separately. It rings up at standard (non-case-sale price). So, she has to do it all over again and put in the discount each time for each item. She was very frustrated and apologized all over the place.

They just need to SKU the case itself. Life would be so much easier if they could just scan the barcode that's already on the case box.

Yeah that happened to me @ the dicks in brockton too. They had to ring the ammo boxes in seperately one scan at a time.

they had a whole shipment they were unloading about three weeks ago. they told me to come back in two hours.

they had a whole shipment they were unloading about three weeks ago. they told me to come back in two hours.

Thanks. I got by there today and picked up the case. I got the sale price. The kid working in The Lodge was pretty good. He not only asked for my FID, but recognized my LTC and that it was the "old style", not the MIRCS one. He even knew that the cards were actually printed by the MSP and not the local PD.

He opened the case to make sure it was the ammo I wanted and marked the sale price on the case.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom