Ultramax Ammo

Adam - I've never used it. Just checking their site it appears as reloaded ammo with any bullet type you want. How do the prices compare to other reloads?

Not bad at all..

I can get them from this place (NO I aint gonna post it for the AG to close down) for about .12 per round. Thats 180grn LRN in .40

Adam

Adam or any one else, any report on Ultramax? I saw an ad for it this weekend for the same $.12 per round price, box of 500 of .45 ACP.

As a new owner of a 1911, is this a decent round to just get some practice?

thanks,
chuck

Adam_MA said:
local dealer?

Sure is. I guess it's safe to say who; I was being overly careful. It's in their Sunday circular -- Dick's Sporting Goods.

And my math was off by half. They sell 'em by 500 per zip-lock bag. On sale for $30. That's only $.06 per round.

Same price for 9 and 40.

-=chuck

Chuck said:
Sure is. I guess it's safe to say who; I was being overly careful. It's in their Sunday circular -- Dick's Sporting Goods.

And my math was off by half. They sell 'em by 500 per zip-lock bag. On sale for $30. That's only $.06 per round.

Same price for 9 and 40.

Not so fast. The number of bullets per box varies with the caliber. 250 of 9mm, 225 of .40 and 200 of .45. I don't know how many are in a box of .223. They are lead nosed reloads. I had purchased a box of the .40s, but then realized that my Glock would not digest them. The WWB value packs at wally world are a better value.

Thanks for saving me the trip. I swear the first guy I talked too said 500 per box. But, I just called the Worcester store and they said there 150 per box, of 45 & 9mm.

I use it often in .40 and .45 cal. Quality reloads. Dick's Sporting Goods in Portsmouth usually has a load of it. I think .45's are $30.00 for 150. .40's are about $30.00 for 200. Also has 9MM and maybe .357's. If you're at a gun show check out M+M reloads booth out of Hillsboro, NH. Really good stuff. About $30.00 for a box of 150 or 200. I just bought a box of 38 Spl. 158 gr. copper FMJ's for $6.50.

I've used the .45s in LSW configuration. A little bit smokier than Winchester WB,nice and accurate, sure fire every time, no failures to feed, fire, or eject. I say it makes good practice ammo.

Back
Top Bottom