U.S. Soldier facing deportation after fleeing to Canada to avoid OIF

screw her! as a veteran of these united states i say no one forced her to sign up! to bad for her. this shit pisses me off. we all know what we are getting into when we take the oath.

screw her! as a veteran of these united states i say no one forced her to sign up! to bad for her. this shit pisses me off. we all know what we are getting into when we take the oath.

yeah!

Now lets pay the ~$30,000 per year to keep her in jail! Cool!

I'd rather pay that to set an example that some of the other reasons we spend ~$30,000 on discharged soldiers.

well, that would be assuming its 1 year in prison. I'm not sure what the range of jail time is for people in her position.

Anyway, I understand the bad idea behind people who desert. but, I think its worse to "force" these people to deploy.

Like i said earlier, who wants that person as a battle buddy? talk about a nightmare.

well, that would be assuming its 1 year in prison. I'm not sure what the range of jail time is for people in her position.

Anyway, I understand the bad idea behind people who desert. but, I think its worse to "force" these people to deploy.

Like i said earlier, who wants that person as a battle buddy? talk about a nightmare.

I agree. Don't force them to deploy. Lock them up.

who forced her to join the military? i was in during libya, and desert storm. no one forced me to deploy. i signed up knowing what could happen. you can't sign up and think that your going to do your time then get a pension, and live happliy ever after. people to often join for the benefits or for education but don't think about the what if's......as far as a battle buddy....we take care of our own. if we let her off we open a door we can not close....just my thoughts.

I agree. Don't force them to deploy. Lock them up.

In Dench's fantasy world it would be nice to see these peoples time converted to some sort of shitty civil service type job. Hospital orderly, menial labor for the state or federal government, etc. I definitely don't like the idea of people coming in the .mil with whatever intentions and then say F' it right up until a deployment.

Whats that middle(ish) discharge? other than honorable? I think thats it. One of those would be good along with the time due converted to a probation like period of European civil service type job.

The prison population in this country is to large and to expensive for me to want to throw anyone but violent criminals into it, with exceptions of course.

Oh well, it is what it is.

who forced her to join the military? i was in during libya, and desert storm. no one forced me to deploy. i signed up knowing what could happen. you can't sign up and think that your going to do your time then get a pension, and live happliy ever after. people to often join for the benefits or for education but don't think about the what if's......as far as a battle buddy....we take care of our own. if we let her off we open a door we can not close....just my thoughts.

I dont think anyone forced her. I dont know her circumstances, and I dont really care either. people make bad decisions all the time. I just would hate to see a persons bad decision effect the combat readiness of a deployed unit. I think that would be negligent.

Fry her!!! She signed the dotted line of her own free will... more of the "put responsibility on anybody but me" type of person that unfortunately is common in America these days

She will probably be retiring from Ft Leavenworth after "completing her service"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom